Home

This ONE Little Change Would Really Improve DEFENSE....

This is a discussion on This ONE Little Change Would Really Improve DEFENSE.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2015, 01:08 AM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: This ONE Little Change Would Really Improve DEFENSE....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
What is it...?

Start calling CHARGES.

I know this is a tricky one, but keeping everything the SAME while programming the game to actually CALL some of the charges that take place would add a much-needed BALANCE to the defensive end of the court.

It isn't necessarily the charges that would do it, its the FEAR of getting called for a charge.

As the game is now, you can really just crash to the hoop with little to no fear of getting called for an offensive foul. Just look at how many times a game an offensive player flat out RUNS OVER a defensive player with NO WHISTLE.

Just making charges a little more effective changes everything.

Suddenly, offensive players have to think about the TYPE of shot they are going to take when going to the basket. Not everything can just be a TURBO-DUNK. You would actually have to use the Euros, floaters, hop-step layups, reverse layups, etc.

This is what happens in real life. If LeBron had ZERO fear of getting called for offensive fouls, he would literally BARREL to the hole on every play. And that's basically what happens in 2K15 when other people get to control LeBron.

Sure...maybe they get called for ONE charge...but that hardly puts any fear into most players. One charge VS the 5 dunks and 8 FTs they will get out of it...well, that's not exactly BALANCE and it's no surprise that most choose to play like this. There are no repercussions...

Just a thought.

I don't know what its like online, but offline they could use some more charging calls. With my sliders I was seeing charges, although still a tad low, but better that its been for a long time. But I notice since they patch yesterday Im having trouble drawing charges, although did see the AI draw 2 on me, but it could have been just me not playing well today, and not enough time on since the patch to know for sure, but it sure does feel a little different to me.

I have always felt 2k needed to add more non shooting fouls to balance things out. If they could get this tweaked better along with more turnovers that aren't predetermined I think the game would be near flawless. With my sliders I do get realistic turnovers, but very few seem seem to be my fault, and its the game code saying its time for some turnovers, and at the most inapropiate times too, like late a close game,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »