Home

Perimeter Lockdown Defender badge - questions

This is a discussion on Perimeter Lockdown Defender badge - questions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2015, 02:29 AM   #1
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Perimeter Lockdown Defender badge - questions

First of all, how long did it take those of you who have it to get this badge? I'm in the middle of the playoffs in my second season now and still have't got it, I play a PG but I don't have max Defense stats (currently 90 overall rating) - is this a requirement to qualify for the badge, maxing this category?

Second is how do you obtain it - I thought it was based on how many "good shot defense / steals / forced pickup" type interactions with your man vs. how many "leave assignment / allow man to score". Is this true?

Last question is, does it actually improve your ability to stick with your guy on the perimeter greatly or does it just help in cancelling out his offensive badges?

Thanks for any info in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 03:42 AM   #2
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

Re: Perimeter Lockdown Defender badge - questions

I'm a SF and I've earned it in one of the last games in my Rookie Regular Season. I have not yet maxed out Defense so this seems not to be a requirement. As I've earned the badge I was defense level 16 but I don't know why and how I got it but I had quite a lot of steals in that game. The game after I've earned the Post Lockdown Defender badge, too, right after a game where I had a huge amount of blocks.

To be honest, I do not feel like there is a difference in defending with or without the badge, maybe a bit more misses on contested shots but it's still more about good positioning. This is prior to patch 4 as I did not play since the release of the patch.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:14 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
First of all, how long did it take those of you who have it to get this badge? I'm in the middle of the playoffs in my second season now and still have't got it, I play a PG but I don't have max Defense stats (currently 90 overall rating) - is this a requirement to qualify for the badge, maxing this category?

Second is how do you obtain it - I thought it was based on how many "good shot defense / steals / forced pickup" type interactions with your man vs. how many "leave assignment / allow man to score". Is this true?

Last question is, does it actually improve your ability to stick with your guy on the perimeter greatly or does it just help in cancelling out his offensive badges?

Thanks for any info in advance

I do think you need a certain prereq of D. Just play good D. Stick your man. Stay on him, get into that rhythm. I'm not a huge stealer/blocker... I mean I still get like 2 or 3 a game, but I'm not all over it. I haven't had an issue getting it on any of my dudes.

To me, lock down D (especially permiter, since they split it) is an online badge. Arguably one of the best ones because you get to watch people stand there awkwardly as the type of shots they used to be able to make start to miss.

I play D like I'm trying to get bruiser tho, minus the fouls. Need to get bruiser, actually. When ever I can, unless the lane is wide open, I am bodying my man, and if people catch it on the perimeter, I always push into them if possible. Stuff like that seems to get me red circles fast... but having a timely block or steal sure helps, too.

-Smak
Old 03-14-2015, 05:25 AM   #4
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

You need a level 18 if your a PG or SG and Level 16 for SF. Could be level 16 for PG and SG.

It takes roughly about 15-30 games to get it. You have to play 30 games with your player to get it. So once you get it to 16 or 18, you should have it since your in the playoffs.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #5
Pro

Not sure exactly what it does but there is a list somewhere explaining req. For each badge
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=825863

Level 16. 30 games.

Last edited by DoubleZ_3; 03-14-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

You don't have to do anything but meet the discipline level required for your position and PLAY 30 games (no simming). There is nothing special required other than that.

I created a new MyPlayer and set up my discipline attributes and within 30 games I had all the badges just for meeting those 2 criteria. You probably haven't had your Defense discipline high enough for 30 total games. It has to be 30 in the same season by the way.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Not sure exactly what it does but there is a list somewhere explaining req.
It nullifies offensive badges of the guarded opponent, that are on the same level or lower than the lockdown defender badge.

A bronze lock down defender disables every bronze offensive badge of the guarded player.
Silver disables silver and bronze.
Gold disalbes every offensive badge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »