Home

Morale/chemistry

This is a discussion on Morale/chemistry within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4
Morale/chemistry

Can someone please recommend good settings for these in a MyLeague? I've tried multiple times disabling these all together, by turning chemistry effects to 0 and off all together, morale effects to 0, but no matter what every teams players still receive positive only boosts. If I'm gonna get ratings changed I might as well run with normal settings instead of everyone playing above their ratings. What are good slider settings so that obvious benchwarmers don't get too mad about not playing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Morale/chemistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Can someone please recommend good settings for these in a MyLeague? I've tried multiple times disabling these all together, by turning chemistry effects to 0 and off all together, morale effects to 0, but no matter what every teams players still receive positive only boosts. If I'm gonna get ratings changed I might as well run with normal settings instead of everyone playing above their ratings. What are good slider settings so that obvious benchwarmers don't get too mad about not playing?

Personally I raise difficulty of moral and chemistry up some but not much, and effects I raise quite a bit. Difficulty I have at 60 and effects both at 75 to start My League. I want teams like the Lakers, sixers,Magic, etc all the teams that suck to be impacted a lot by losing.

I didn't get very far though so I don't know what impact it would have had, cause I quit trying to figure out new sliders now that patch is out, as well as trying to figure out where to put Hard Cap at, if it don't change and go up then I need it up to reflect real life bumps, but if it changes then I want it where its at IRL now.

I would say to have minimal impact having them at 0 is what you want, but if your wanting a challenge with the rosters, then have it high. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you than that. Hopefully someone that's deep into My League can help out more than I, but I have found on some of these things you don't get much help here with NBA2k15, so I think some of these things others probably don't know exactly either.

Its too bad 2k devs didn't give into more detail what some of the things do, as Id really love to know if Hard Cap can go up in MY League, or if its stays where you set it at start, but its been 2 days now and no one has had a direct answer to this yet.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH

Its too bad 2k devs didn't give into more detail what some of the things do, as Id really love to know if Hard Cap can go up in MY League, or if its stays where you set it at start, but its been 2 days now and no one has had a direct answer to this yet.

Could not agree more that more transparency regarding various effects/keywords would be great.

I saw a few of your posts on the salary cap, and my question - why don't you check the cap yourself? You seemed frustrated at the lack of answer. I'd guess with simming this would take 5-10 minutes. Just a thought.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
Rookie

psyberkayos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Just curious since I've been wondering about turning them down to 0, you say there are only positive boosts, how much are the typical boosts and which teams get the most?
Old 03-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #5
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberkayos
Just curious since I've been wondering about turning them down to 0, you say there are only positive boosts, how much are the typical boosts and which teams get the most?
Lol with my slider set there is much more than positive boosts. Some players on the Knicks in my Myleague are as much as -5 so if a player goes into a toxic environment his performance will reflect that, and if a player gets traded into a better team he will see a significant improvement to his play.

This is what I am using...

Morale Difficulty 100
Morale Effect 60
Chemistry Difficulty 100
Chemistry Effects 100
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Could not agree more that more transparency regarding various effects/keywords would be great.

I saw a few of your posts on the salary cap, and my question - why don't you check the cap yourself? You seemed frustrated at the lack of answer. I'd guess with simming this would take 5-10 minutes. Just a thought.

LOL, good idea. Not sure why I didn't think of that, all the damn meds doesn't always help me to think straight, wish I had thought of that a little sooner. Although I am surprised that no one here actually knows the answer.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-16-2015, 02:50 PM   #7
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
LOL, good idea. Not sure why I didn't think of that, all the damn meds doesn't always help me to think straight, wish I had thought of that a little sooner. Although I am surprised that no one here actually knows the answer.
Well in the MyGM mode the cap does increase per season by a small amount. I'll double check but I'm almost certain it does. Or at least it used to last year and in Association modes in the past.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Well in the MyGM mode the cap does increase per season by a small amount. I'll double check but I'm almost certain it does. Or at least it used to last year and in Association modes in the past.

Just simmed a yr in MY League, and it increases a little their too. Hard Cap wnet from 77.11 to 77.88, so not much but it does increase.

Wish I would have thought to sim it myself earlier,lol, guess Im just use to the MLBTS forums, where things are more productive for a lack of a better word. Stuff like this is explained better by the devs, and the The Show community goes over the game like a fine tooth comb.

By the way going to use your Draft class for My league, it looks like the best I have seen for the PS4.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »