Home

Should this happen?

This is a discussion on Should this happen? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should this happen?
Yes 28 87.50%
No 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Should this happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
i can routinely win on Superstar difficulty, so if you are getting whopped that bad on Pro, id say you just need some practice.

i can probably win on pro by 40 points if i really wanted to.

so yeah, get some practice man. you will get better and should be able to at least play on all star.
Don't get me wrong: I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve Add insult to injury?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 10:45 PM   #26
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Yea.... Im going to need to see some game play vids. Im i not buying to "i do slow down the offense" bit. If they scoring over 120 on you every game USE up your shot clock. Mike dantoni never made the finals despite having a great team in the 2000's. He was ran out of two franchises. Phil jackson has 11 rings with a slow methodical offense. Think about it. use the clock pass on good looks to get great ones.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
Yea.... Im going to need to see some game play vids. Im i not buying to "i do slow down the offense" bit. If they scoring over 120 on you every game USE up your shot clock.

Mike dantoni never made the finals despite having a great team in the 2000's. He was ran out of two franchises. Phil jackson has 11 rings with a slow methodical offense. Think about it. use the clock pass on good looks to get great ones.
I don't care if you buy that or not. Look at the picture I posted addressed to JerzeyReign. I'm sorry, I guess it's the only one I posted with ball possession, but trust me: On most games I played I had more ball possession time than the opponent, but about 10-20 shots less. So?
What does that mean? It's ok for the CPU the run and gun, but I should not take an open shot with twleve seconds on the clock?

My problem is that I can't stop the CPU. Not on Pro and not even on Rookie. Because they score, score and score. However most people have an urge to give me tips about my offense. Don't commit turnovers, run (offensive) plays, milk the shot clock, pass on good looks etc. Great.

From the answers so far and the poll results I understand that this should be and that it is entirely my fault. It's good that the CPU grabs 27 offensive rebounds and scores 144 points on Rookie. It's good that newcomers, bad players, kids etc, get dominated.

Well, I understand that's the opinion of the OS users, but I don't understand why 2K makes it that way. That's the question that I wanted to find an answer for, and maybe I will never get.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:46 PM   #28
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad
I don't care if you buy that or not. Look at the picture I posted addressed to JerzeyReign. I'm sorry, I guess it's the only one I posted with ball possession, but trust me: On most games I played I had more ball possession time than the opponent, but about 10-20 shots less. So?
What does that mean? It's ok for the CPU the run and gun, but I should not take an open shot with twleve seconds on the clock?

My problem is that I can't stop the CPU. Not on Pro and not even on Rookie. Because they score, score and score. However most people have an urge to give me tips about my offense. Don't commit turnovers, run (offensive) plays, milk the shot clock, pass on good looks etc. Great.

From the answers so far and the poll results I understand that this should be and that it is entirely my fault. It's good that the CPU grabs 27 offensive rebounds and scores 144 points on Rookie. It's good that newcomers, bad players, kids etc, get dominated.

Well, I understand that's the opinion of the OS users, but I don't understand why 2K makes it that way. That's the question that I wanted to find an answer for, and maybe I will never get.
Ok, so let me ask a purposely open ended question: what do you do to play defense? What is your approach to limit your opponent scoring?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:12 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 33

There is no sufficient data within those pics for someone to provide help ... for instance, how do you play on D, do you play on ball or of ball or a mix, do you use your defensive settings and matchups options, do you slow the pace down by just waiting on the clock or by running plays, do you double team, do you trap the ball handler, do you try to take charges, steal the ball or block, do open shots go in more than contested ones or visceversa, how is your team chemestry in MyGM, do you play player lock ? ... and there is tons of questions more that could be ask that affects how the AI plays and how your teammates play, but even by asking more question and providing answers, there might not be enough data to truely help you.

Two years and no apparent response that suffices you, I think is time to change the approach and provide videos ... the message hasnt gotten were it needs to because the recipient where its contained its so narrowed that doesnt let us see the whole picture ... the PS4 and Xbone were built around such features, so use them to your advantage ... videos are needed, by devs and/or the community, as pictures dont tell the whole story ... if you truely want/need help, by either, then you must contribute, so please post a video.

Strictly going by what you have just posted, since you want a yes or no response, I would have to go with a yes, just because there is no sufficient data ... also, ultimately, there is no way devs can catter with a single mode the tons of different playstyles people have ... there is sim, default and casual modes and within each of them there can be countless different playstyles and users level of play.

Having said that, the tools have been placed in the game to help you fit the gameplay closer/farther to your playstyle and/or level of play ... then again, if you disregard using them and invest the time on making tweaks, learning how they work and how they affect the game and make it closer to your level/style then why ask such a restrictive question in the 1st place. Games have changed so much over the last few years, introducing many alternatives, variables, features that it isnt possible nor recommended to catter two or three distinct markets such as casuals and sim and the ones in between with a single mode/feature ... and as games have changed so should we.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 03-31-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:50 PM   #30
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad
Well, I try to slow the game down. I use far more of the shot clock than the CPU.

Trust me: I do that. The important word in that sentence is "I", because my 4 CPU teammates don't do that. That's why the CPU opponent is killing me, that's why they score so much, that's why they make just 2 turnovers like in the game I posted.
OK so this is really just a problem of you not understanding the game. Let me help you.

When you play if you notice your CPU teammates biting on pump fakes, being consistently out of position, or getting called for a massive amount of fouls your strategy is probably 'Play Physical Defense' and 'Limit Perimeter Shots.' The opposite of that would be 'Play Conservative Defense' and 'Protect the Paint.'

For example if you play a quarter one with physical and then one with conservative you will see an IMMENSE difference in the way your CPU teammates behave.

If you don't find that you are skilled enough to strategize then you can put it on auto. Check it every now and again throughout the game to see how your coach is telling your teammates to play. However beware of auto point of emphasis because then you are completely at the mercy of some of the less skilled coaches in the NBA.

Basically the point is that you need more practice and you should experiment with the game a bit because all of the answers to the CPU dropping 1,000,000 points per game on you exists in the strategy.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:59 PM   #31
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

If you're on the PS4, send me a friend request: JerzeyReign

I'll help you out as much as I can boss. Normally free after 6pm ct but if you see me on at any other time just hit me up and I might be free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #32
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

I am competitive and get realistic stats against the computer on Superstar Simulation. But if I knock it up to Hall of Fame the CPU usually makes me look bad. Obviously if you're getting beat that bad on Pro then you should put it down to Rookie.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »