Home

Should this happen?

This is a discussion on Should this happen? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should this happen?
Yes 28 87.50%
No 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2015, 06:07 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Should this happen?

I recently made my third attempt at playing this game. After playing some quick games and experimenting with some diffculty/slider and defensive settings (and thinking that I made some progress) I started a new MYGM with the Magic.

Once again the first game against the Pelicans. The first half was pretty good, I was leading with 7 at half time, then: BOOM (picture is below ) I played three or four more games, but when the Bulls made 100 points in the middle of the third quarter with 1 (!) TO in the whole game I knew that I'm done with this game once and for all.

After about 100 games and 150 hours of NBA 2k15 (according to steam) I have to say that I don't enjoy this game and I don't want to play it anymore. That's imo the baddest thing I can say about a video game and it makes me very sad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orl-no.jpg (225.7 KB, 79 views)
Old 07-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #34
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad
I recently made my third attempt at playing this game. After playing some quick games and experimenting with some diffculty/slider and defensive settings (and thinking that I made some progress) I started a new MYGM with the Magic.

Once again the first game against the Pelicans. The first half was pretty good, I was leading with 7 at half time, then: BOOM (picture is below ) I played three or four more games, but when the Bulls made 100 points in the middle of the third quarter with 1 (!) TO in the whole game I knew that I'm done with this game once and for all.

After about 100 games and 150 hours of NBA 2k15 (according to steam) I have to say that I don't enjoy this game and I don't want to play it anymore. That's imo the baddest thing I can say about a video game and it makes me very sad
I do not say this to try to be rude, but if you're struggling this much then you're simply not skilled enough at this game to be playing on this difficulty level. Back it down to Rookie, boost a few of the CPU's sliders if you're winning too easily, and give yourself a chance to just enjoy playing the game. This isn't a competition. I love playing FIFA, but I have to leave it on the next to easiest difficulty because I'm simply not that great at it. I have a great time playing though, so what does it matter?

But, if you really hate playing 2K that much, then of course you need to stop playing it. Video games are leisure and there's no point in playing something that frustrates you. Mortal Kombat X is a great game, but I don't like fighting games and they frustrate me to no end, so I'm never going to play it. If 2K isn't your game, perhaps NBA Live will offer something more to your liking. That's why having multiple games on the market is such a great thing.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:19 AM   #35
Rookie

If you're playing NBA2k series for the first time, it's only normal that you lose with a team like Magic on Pro difficulty...

Also 150 hours is not that much really. Especially if you didn't spend most of this time on consciously trying to improve your game, learning and practicing new skills (like icon passing, lead passing, pick and rolls, dribbling moves, new set plays etc.)

And, Magic is a garbage team... As a beginner, I think you should play with a more versatile, a better all-around team. Like, Spurs perhaps.

Playing with Magic would frustrate anyone...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #36
Rookie

By the way, this is what I got when I played Magic against Pelicans on HoF (quick match):

The stats look pretty realistic if you ask me. Here are the box scores:

It was a challenge. I could have lost that one and would still have had fun.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:32 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:

This game might not be for you or there has to be some other issue that affects your ability to play NBA2k

Last edited by Yuss; 07-02-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #38
Just started!

Newcomers shouldn't play on Pro difficulty. That's why there's a Rookie level.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #39
Rookie

Thank you for your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I do not say this to try to be rude, but if you're struggling this much then you're simply not skilled enough at this game to be playing on this difficulty level. Back it down to Rookie, boost a few of the CPU's sliders if you're winning too easily, and give yourself a chance to just enjoy playing the game.
You are not rude, I appreciate your input.

Well, I'm not always struggling. Those pics are just some highlights. I had wins too. Even on All Star and before I started that MyGM I played a game quick game with the magic against the wizards on Superstar/Sim that I lost in double OT.

I really wouldn't mind playing on Rookie, but I have doubts that that would solve my problems. I guess All Star or Superstar sliders that dumb down the CPU would be the way to go, but so far I have not found anything that suits my needs and I am not willing to invest much time into slider making.

Also my problems are mainly in MyGM/MyLEAGUE mode. Quick games are much better. My guess why I haven't found a good setting for me is that things like team chemistry, moral etc. lead my games into that direction. As I wrote earlier in this thread I started a MyGM with the Cavaliers and won the first five games in a row. But with the Magic ...

Quote:
This isn't a competition. I love playing FIFA, but I have to leave it on the next to easiest difficulty because I'm simply not that great at it. I have a great time playing though, so what does it matter?
Pro is the next to easiest difficulty

Quote:
But, if you really hate playing 2K that much, then of course you need to stop playing it. Video games are leisure and there's no point in playing something that frustrates you.
Yeah, sadly that is so.

Quote:
If 2K isn't your game, perhaps NBA Live will offer something more to your liking. That's why having multiple games on the market is such a great thing
I play on PC, 2K has a monopoly here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
If you're playing NBA2k series for the first time, it's only normal that you lose with a team like Magic on Pro difficulty...
... but I'm not playing it for the first time.

Quote:
Also 150 hours is not that much really. Especially if you didn't spend most of this time on consciously trying to improve your game, learning and practicing new skills (like icon passing, lead passing, pick and rolls, dribbling moves, new set plays etc.)
Well, I have always been a strict offline association player since 2K5 on the original XBOX. With a job, a wife, a dog, some friends and some other hobbies I was always happy if I manage to play one season + playoffs from the release from one game to the next. 150 hours is the time that I have, if it's to little time to learn the game before you start a season then this game is much certainly not for me anymore.

Quote:
And, Magic is a garbage team... As a beginner, I think you should play with a more versatile, a better all-around team. Like, Spurs perhaps.

Playing with Magic would frustrate anyone...
Again, I'm not a beginner. And I am willing to play on a lower difficulty level because I want to play with my team even if it's a bad team.

Quote:
It was a challenge. I could have lost that one and would still have had fun.
At least you were not frustrated with my Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
This game might not be for you or there has to be some other issue that affects your ability to play NBA2k
What other issue do you think of?
Old 07-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
At least you were not frustrated with my Magic

I was, at times. Fournier's jump shot frustrated me most of all! I couldn't even get a yellow release with him, they were all red...

150 hours is not too little time of course... But I don't think it should be enough for most 2k players to learn the game good enough to beat any team with the Magic.

Playing with Magic on pro, is probably like playing with Cavs on super-star difficulty.

We're talking about a team who lost 3 out of 4 games they played this year. They feel even worse in the game, with the shooters they have (or rather don't have)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »