Home

Will 2k Lie To Xbox One Again?

This is a discussion on Will 2k Lie To Xbox One Again? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #33
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Will 2k Lie To Xbox One Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Why? Yes the title is a little bold, with good reason. Maybe he title could change, but Xbox users need to be able to talk and vent in a thread.
Questioning the veracity of the dev team both in the title and in the first post is not venting and "talking" about an issue, legitimate or not.

When you claim a person or group of people "lie" to you and give nothing but misinformation, their reaction is going to be one of two things: it will to blow you and anything you say off, ignoring you completely or their reaction will be a defensive denial of your claim.

Either way, you are shutting yourself off from reaching those who you wish to target.

Criticism should be constructive not destructive. Your first post is the latter. The post you directed to LD2K is constructive. I totally support your writing the latter post.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Questioning the veracity of the dev team both in the title and in the first post is not venting and "talking" about an issue, legitimate or not.

When you claim a person or group of people "lie" to you and give nothing but misinformation, their reaction is going to be one of two things: it will to blow you and anything you say off, ignoring you completely or their reaction will be a defensive denial of your claim.

Either way, you are shutting yourself off from reaching those who you wish to target.

Criticism should be constructive not destructive. Your first post is the latter. The post you directed to LD2K is constructive. I totally support your writing the latter post.
Very well put. This is exactly the ideal we hope to obtain for community relations between 2k/the community.

However, the expectation of transparency, when not provided, provokes intense (legitimate?) anger.

At what point can we reasonably demand transparency from our community managers despite their limitations and obligations to their superiors?
Old 03-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #35
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml475
Very well put. This is exactly the ideal we hope to obtain for community relations between 2k/the community.

However, the expectation of transparency, when not provided, provokes intense (legitimate?) anger.

At what point can we reasonably demand transparency from our community managers despite their limitations and obligations to their superiors?
I agree with everything you said. I may have been a little strong, again, maybe the word deceive would have been q better way to put it. But your right on the money with how I feel. I'm not sure the answer to your question
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #36
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Can't get into details, but I assure you the dev. team is working diligently with 1st party on getting these patches out as fast as possible. No one wants them out in the fan's hands more than me
Better make a phone call today because we going on 3 weeks as of tomorrow

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Better make a phone call today because we going on 3 weeks as of tomorrow
If some of you were around for patch 3 then this will not amaze you. I have come to expect nothing great when it comes to 2k and the x1 patch updates. There are so many other games to play and may I add that patch games correctly and do not have a 1 month period before giving it to another console.

On the plus side, I don't even know if I want this patch based on all the complaints about the easy shooting. I just wish they would update some more faces and hair, find a way for the extra jerseys to be a part of our already made rosters, give us the missing shoes like kobe x, allow us to put headband on and off players, fix the and1 problems and I would be happy. But none of that is in this patch.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Trust me dudes, you don't want this patch. I wish I never downloaded this thing. I only play offline and it ruined the game for me. Went from 37-33 in my league to 48-34. Went from shooting 32% from 3 range to 50%. On HOF difficulty. I understand people make mistakes, so I'm not screaming mad at 2k or anything like that. I'm just sad. That I spent all this time playing a game, fighting to get into the playoffs, for it to turn into this ridiculously easy game. Don't download it if it ever gets released and you're an offline player. I know you don't know me, but trust me, you'll hate it.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:16 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
Trust me dudes, you don't want this patch. I wish I never downloaded this thing. I only play offline and it ruined the game for me. Went from 37-33 in my league to 48-34. Went from shooting 32% from 3 range to 50%. On HOF difficulty. I understand people make mistakes, so I'm not screaming mad at 2k or anything like that. I'm just sad. That I spent all this time playing a game, fighting to get into the playoffs, for it to turn into this ridiculously easy game. Don't download it if it ever gets released and you're an offline player. I know you don't know me, but trust me, you'll hate it.
default or sim settings?
Old 03-26-2015, 11:41 PM   #40
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
default or sim settings?
It actually doesn't matter. Default, Sim, Custom sliders, all of it. The patch has broken this game in offline mode beyond imagination. The other poster is 100% correct, you DON'T want this patch. If I could go back to patch #3 I'd pay money to do it.

Trying different slider sets hasn't helped much, and it's put me in slider hell now. If you don't care about stats at all and just want arcade-type gameplay then you'll be fine, but if stats matter to you then the game is broken badly.

It's frustrating for me that it's not fun anymore until they fix this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »