Home

NBA 2K Pet Peeves

This is a discussion on NBA 2K Pet Peeves within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Players who literally think they can't lose without it being because of a game play flaw or the their opponent somehow being given an unfair advantage over them...
this is all video games.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:38 PM   #10
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
LOL. Dude, I love this thread. 1. really pisses me off. The problem is, if you kind of have to match up in order to have a chance online. I hate that S... though. Honestly this is why we need lobbies. In 2k games of the past, it didn't matter who you picked in HOF lobby. If you didn't make smart decisions, you took an L. #2. Man, I've had at least 10 instances where my opponent picked like colors when they should have picked a home jersey and I couldn't tell my team from theirs lol.
I play with the Kings. Dude picked a purple jersey as the home team and clicked to start, so I say "screw you.. I'm going to start the game with all purple jerseys until this guy quits"

He starts owning me and not getting frustrated, I quit twice as frustrated because I was getting owned and I couldn't even tell who was playing for who
Old 03-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #11
Rookie

On the Park when people flop after scoring and when people dance in front of you after winning...pisses me off

Sent from my SCH-R820 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 07:45 PM   #12
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Nothing worse for me than when you get a perfect timing clean block only for it to be called a bogus goaltend.

Also when you have one of those games where the CPU just decides they are gonna run the shot clock down and then fly into the paint over and over while your defender flops and you helplessly watch them get layup after layup.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:43 PM   #13
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Stick wiggling players get on my last nerve.

Players that think 3 pointers are the only way to score.

Players that go off ball because they are losing and can't defend.

Seeing players like DeAndre Jordan get dunked on and knocked over much by smaller gurads.

Players that run in circles, stop and go or do the small movements to get you off balance every time.

Players that press the pause button after scoring and are losing.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 03-27-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenesaispas
most passes being overhead passes. even if you're 2 feet away from a teammate. it's just damn ridiculous.

This is it for me also. Some of the passing animations can be random and strange.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:23 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I solely play against the computer off line, but I still feel this should be mentioned. Whenever I play great defense and trap the ball handler with a double team. For whatever reason my teammate who's guarding the shooter spotted up in the corner leaves his man to stand aimlessly in the paint. Without there being any threat of scoring in the paint. Which leads to computer having an open look at the corner three.
Does anyone know a fix for that crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 05:50 AM   #16
Pro

Myteam:

Douchebags who try to steal the inbounds pass all game long. Some even run a full court press on top of it. Which brings me to a gameplay flaw --> the passes to a player around halfcourt that get thrown out of bounds. If people want to play that way then please allow me to punish them for it. Don't punish me twice, once by having those delayed inbounds passes which lead to the occasional turnover, and the second time by letting my passes that i throw over the defense go out of bounds. The average 15 year old can make a halfcourt pass, why can't these elite nba athletes do the same?

Maggots who found something near unstoppable and do it over and over. It could be the reverse baseline dunk or a green release post fade.

Dummies who run a pick and roll on pretty much every possession. It's boring.

Filth that plays off ball def while abusing the 2-3 zone sending doubles while manually guarding the passing lanes.

Superteams, zigzag and/or smth similar, off ball defenders in general, colored home jerseys, white/yellow away jerseys. That's all i can think off for now, i'm sure there's more. People are dicks, especially when they're the age of the main demographic in video games --> in or around puberty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »