Home

WILL THERE BE A PATCH#5?

This is a discussion on WILL THERE BE A PATCH#5? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2015, 03:46 PM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: WILL THERE BE A PATCH#5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
If the majority of people feel and express that patch 4 has ruined the game then there is a chance. I trust 2K to at least do the right thing here since it affects almost all of us in a bad way. I was so happy when regression was finally tweaked just right, then to only find out I can't enjoy this game anymore offline. The fact that patch 4 still isn't on Xbone may indicate that they are already looking to a fix, or it could mean nothing about a new patch.

I just can't believe that no one at 2K could notice this when they were testing out the shot success, and that sliders are inefficient now.

Like you I do believe there is a slight chance that since the Xbox1 hasn't received the latest patch, that its possible the devs know they broke the game with this last patch and are working on a fix. Otherwise I would think that the Xbox1 would have received it by now.

Still its 2k, so Im not going to get my hopes up, as they haven't always proven to do the right thing, considering how they have did the old consoles customers.

Although they do seem at this time anyway to be attempting to do right with the new console, as I was actually surprised we got this last patch as late as it was, even though I haven't been happy with it, and thought gameplay wise it was great before the last patch.

Seems like the majority feel this patch was bad, including myself, while some online players seem to be happy. I think this just goes to show, that us offline franchise type guys are still the majority when ti comes to sports games, so maybe these companies should start listening to us more and the online guys less,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm less worried about fg% (I can get some realistic numbers with slider adjustments) but I'm very worried about the free agent bug. Seems like there is always an issue holding mygm/MyLeague back.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:35 PM   #11
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
I'm less worried about fg% (I can get some realistic numbers with slider adjustments) but I'm very worried about the free agent bug. Seems like there is always an issue holding mygm/MyLeague back.

Id have to agree, I don't have a problem adjusting sliders some to get realistic fg%, and I really haven't seen a huge difference as some have indicated. Yeah it does seem a tad easier, but its only on wide open jumpers, if your D is tight you can still lock a team down with shooting sliders at the default sim.

Id like that FA issue fixed so all FA don't retire at seasons end if they aren't on a team, that's a huge issue. It seems with NBA2k there is always something they have screwed up when comes to the career modes like Association, My Career, etc. I cant remember when Association mode wasn't glitched in some way.

Also since the last patch its seems player control isn't nearly as tight whether your playing D or handling the ball, way to much sliding. It seems even worse with a edited roster that was before this last patch.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't think they'll do a Patch 5. But most likely a re haul of the official roster & re scaling the attributes for shooting ranges moving & standing. Then they could probably adjust the sliders for shooting. I'm not sure, but I believe they can do this without a patch being needed. Especially since we all experienced an increase & decrease of making shots during certain times online/offline throughout the year. Even a few had made vids wondering if changes had been made. Most likely they will just slip all these changes in a huge roster update & we all will just notice a difference in game play afterwards.

Seems like this last roster update everyone took a hit in the standing 3pt department whether it was + or -.

Last edited by capitolrf; 03-24-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #13
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

OVR: 0

Before the patch I was struggling to get 100 pts games offline with my friends, maybe 2 games out of 10 resulted in over 100+ pts, now every game is 120+ sometimes 130+ during regular time, 2k always release that one patch in feb/march that alters the gameplay in wrong direction i feel like every spring they find themselves on crossroads when it comes to patching and they pick the wrong road..at least since 2k11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »