Home

WILL THERE BE A PATCH#5?

This is a discussion on WILL THERE BE A PATCH#5? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #1
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0
WILL THERE BE A PATCH#5?

Curious if people think there will be a Patch#5 after what has happened to the game from Patch#4. There are a few who believe the latest patch has helped the game, but the majority (and I) feel it has ruined the game. Way too high FG%, very very fast gameplay--no flow. Even after slider adjustments, it doesn't feel right. It seems too "arcadey" now.

But my belief is that 2K will NOT be making another patch...at least a patch to change the game play back to what it was. They are not known to do that.

So who here thinks they will put another patch out?

Last edited by Rubio809; 03-24-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 10:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: WILL THERE BE A PATCH#5?

to fix MyPark Voice chat....No!

If a VC glitch is found.....Withing 24hrs for sure
Old 03-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Curious if people think there will be a Patch#5 after what has happened to the game from Patch#4. There are a few who believe the latest patch has helped the game, but the majority (and I) feel it has ruined the game. Way too high FG%, very very fast gameplay--no flow. Even after slider adjustments, it doesn't feel right. It seems too "arcadey" now.

But my belief is that 2K will NOT be making another patch...at least a patch to change the game play back to what it was. They are not know to do that.

So who here thinks they will put another patch out?
If the majority of people feel and express that patch 4 has ruined the game then there is a chance. I trust 2K to at least do the right thing here since it affects almost all of us in a bad way. I was so happy when regression was finally tweaked just right, then to only find out I can't enjoy this game anymore offline. The fact that patch 4 still isn't on Xbone may indicate that they are already looking to a fix, or it could mean nothing about a new patch.

I just can't believe that no one at 2K could notice this when they were testing out the shot success, and that sliders are inefficient now.

Last edited by JRxPHANTOM; 03-24-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #4
Rookie

Don't see how the game is "ruined", the only thing I noticed was less frame rate dips which resulted in more fluid gameplay.

The tempo of the game is fast by design, reducing game speed doesn't help much. Overall, I would like to see new faces for players that are now becoming popular, like mirotic and whiteside for example.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGAfan
Don't see how the game is "ruined", the only thing I noticed was less frame rate dips which resulted in more fluid gameplay.

The tempo of the game is fast by design, reducing game speed doesn't help much. Overall, I would like to see new faces for players that are now becoming popular, like mirotic and whiteside for example.
Overpowered shooting especially at the park

Sent from my SCH-R820 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRatedxR

Offline is even worse.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRatedxR

I don't disagree with you, but the park is so far gone in too many directions to really give enough weight to overpowered shooting from the last patch. If you were including the Rec though, then I 100% agree. Anyone who knows how to shoot online can get perfect releases every time from anywhere on the court within "jump shot range," and in case anyone doesn't know--the range for shooting a form jump shot is miles away from the basket. All a player needs is a little space, and sometimes not even that.

If you don't believe me, you either haven't been in the rec lately or you've been extremely lucky (playing against scrubs).

I can't even remember the last time I shot below 80% from mid-range and 60% from deep, and I'm not even a top-notch shooter. Anyone can drop 60 Pts if they create space for themselves or get fed the rock.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 03-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #8
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
Offline is even worse.
Anyone who's played offline after the latest patch and doesn't feel it is ruined now is fooling themselves. Way too high shot% for both teams, game play is way to fast and choppy. It feels so arcadey. I spent the entire weekend messing and adjusting sliders and the game STILL feels off. There is no more flow.

Ya, I'll say it, the game is now BROKEN....and it was such a good game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »