Home

Freelance and Plays wishlist

This is a discussion on Freelance and Plays wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2015, 09:21 AM   #25
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Freelance and Plays wishlist

1. Plays or sets where a big initiates the offense from the high post and then either does a dribble handoff or passes and then sets a ball screen. Like noah, marc gasol or horford.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 33

Hope fam is OK Big D, salutes to the Big M !

A few requests:

- To be able for us, within all the possible options "and" sub options (triangle, 4-1, etc), to assign coaches their default freelance offenses at will (not on court like currently, but like a roster feature, as we can with POE and such).

- To be able to have a direct say on how much do teams run each playtype and each play.

- Related to the one above ... To have the AI run plays given their assigned %s but also considering the on court players ... in example, Westbrook has both, P&R and P&P plays. He should run more P&R plays with Collison and more P&P plays with Ibaka.

- To have even more playtypes, to try to accomplish what vtcrb suggested (more differentiation, more signature and authentic on court playing) but with this different approach ... there is never too much authenticism and signature.

- Reincorporate the players freelance tendencies and there should be an option that makes the teams play only governed by them (should be editable, of course on a per team and per player case).

- Incorporate more freelance offense sets such as princetown and others like the suggested ones.

Kind of related ...

- Make teams with a coach that emphasizes on slow the pace, to have their PGs walk up the ball more to the half court, to cause a visual and practical effect of winding down the clock ... the contrary with coaches that want to push the ball, PG´s should run more.

- Related to the above, please categorize plays in relation to the time it is estimated to be accomplished the first designed scoring alternative, this could help differentiate teams that score early wiithin the shot clock to those that burn time.

- We should have a more specific say on how many minutes do players play on court for the AI, system should integrate both minutes allocated within the rotation and a depth chart per position that activates when variables such as foul trouble and injuries occur, dont like the current setting.

- By the way, go back to the approach of separating features that govern on court actions and the sim stats engine, total sim control leaned that way when introduced and it was beautiful on last gen, one could threat almost everything independently and get perfect gameplay and also get near perfect sim stats, as currently is, we cant do it at the extend we could as both are interrelated ... and since we are touching the sim engine aspect, we need it to be able to more easily reproduce stats that range from the last season to all time records (like having players avg above 4 blocks, 13 assists, 20 rebounds, etc).

Finally, all should be editable for us ... team chemestry, coaches grades, hot spots, hot zones, GM stances (stay the course, sale, buy, rebuild, draft best overall or best of need or most potential), in a 30 team control we should be able to regain the ability to set the AI to control specific tasks, such as proppose and accept trades, do signings, draft, etc ... there is never too much options/customization/editability.

Sorry for Josh Smith impersonation with my all over the place comments.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 03-26-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #27
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'd like to see some late-game, inbounds-specific plays added.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-26-2015, 11:31 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 2

Can we get custom playbooks online next year? (I am thinking about organized online leagues specially).

"Only" that would be more than enough for me...

Cheers! ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 03-26-2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #29
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

Peace Czar,

Horns would be amazing as a freelance set and if possible improve the options from the triangle.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

I just want players do dive to the basket when we are being double teamed. Either on PnR or when a user sends a double, our bigs usually dont dive to the basket and it messes up scoring opportunities. Also, sometimes opponents pick up full court and gamble....we beat them up the floor and now we have a 5 on 4. but everytime this happens, i dont ever feel like i have a man open because of the spacing. i should be able to penetrate and find the open man in a split second but it never happens this way.

i just want simple IQ tweaks

also want these sets to initiate much faster. When im playing RTTP, they initiate SOOO SLOOWWWWWW. by the time my first option presents itself, i have 10 seconds left on the clock.

Last edited by jenesaispas; 03-26-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #31
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenesaispas
I just want players do dive to the basket when we are being double teamed. Either on PnR or when a user sends a double, our bigs usually dont dive to the basket and it messes up scoring opportunities. Also, sometimes opponents pick up full court and gamble....we beat them up the floor and now we have a 5 on 4. but everytime this happens, i dont ever feel like i have a man open because of the spacing. i should be able to penetrate and find the open man in a split second but it never happens this way.

i just want simple IQ tweaks

also want these sets to initiate much faster. When im playing RTTP, they initiate SOOO SLOOWWWWWW. by the time my first option presents itself, i have 10 seconds left on the clock.

Great post.

Add an off settings screen like def settings has. There could be an option where we choose how that individual acts when a teamate is doubled in post and on perimeter. Options could be 1. Dive to rim. 2. Show at ft line. 3 set at three point line. 4. Run baseline.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 05:44 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Great post.

Add an off settings screen like def settings has. There could be an option where we choose how that individual acts when a teamate is doubled in post and on perimeter. Options could be 1. Dive to rim. 2. Show at ft line. 3 set at three point line. 4. Run baseline.
this would be excellent. ideally it would happen intuitively but setting the options allow us to have more control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »