Home

WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something else...

This is a discussion on WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something else... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2015, 05:51 PM   #41
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something els

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
Ok for those that don't believe in the comeback code and believe you should just make adjustments what does a guy who disagrees and plays the MC mode do? I know for a fact something doesn't seem right in MC... I call timeouts because thats about all I can control unless I'm using my PG, but that position is still limited. My teammates miss lay ups(wide open) they sag off on defense, they dont post up of fight for position, they cant catch, My player gets doubled and suddenly I cant pass even with a maxed out playmaker rating. While the cpu turns into the 96 Bulls reincarnated. Like others have stated I too have been on the good side of these fairytale runs as well, but I sincerely believe something is there... Ive played this game for years and have always felt the unreal swings. Oh and for those who are gonna throw their 2 cents in and tell me gameplay tips about how to play bball... Ive played all my life went to school on a full ride and even played a year pro, so I know exactly how to play. I would like to know how to end the runs or prevent them because making bball plays and valuing the basketball is impossible if 2k decides when you make a shot or turn the ball over.

MyPlayer isn't a simulation mode, its meant to be played like an arcade game. Hero ball is what you're SUPPOSED to do. If it was an actual simulation mode - which it will never be - it would be 1000X harder to improve your player.

Complaining about simulation aspects in mycareer is like complaining about someone not being sim playing NBA Jam imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 06:31 PM   #42
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something els

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
MyPlayer isn't a simulation mode, its meant to be played like an arcade game. Hero ball is what you're SUPPOSED to do. If it was an actual simulation mode - which it will never be - it would be 1000X harder to improve your player.

Complaining about simulation aspects in mycareer is like complaining about someone not being sim playing NBA Jam imo.
Well if its not a sim mode why do I have the option to choose sim settings? I bought this game for sim gameplay... If i wanted nba jam i would just play nba jam.

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 03-28-2015, 06:36 PM   #43
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
Well if its not a sim mode why do I have the option to choose sim settings? I bought this game for sim gameplay... If i wanted nba jam i would just play nba jam.
Sim settings doesn't have anything to do with sim game play. Putting the game on HOF/SS sim only makes you have a more realistic (in some cases) FG% and more fouls. The game is going to play the same regardless if its on default, casual or sim. Casual may boost some things up, never really looked to see.

That mode's purpose isn't for a simulation minded player - its for casuals.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #44
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Bingo! MC you have little to no impact on how your team plays and that is why I am not a fan of it.

Keep going guys....this thread is hilarious. The guys saying there is a "comeback code" may be right, but we would never know with how stubborn and poor their arguments are.

I've never experienced this ever in my 2k career...guess what? I just blew a 8 point lead with 2 min to go against the Thunder. It was totally my fault though. I took bad shots and fell asleep on defense.

It is funny because there are conspiracy theorists out that believe this happens in Madden and MLB The Show too. Then when you watch how they play you are not surprised they blow games.

Youtube
Old 03-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #45
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

OVR: 0

[quote=JerzeyReign;2047167252]Sim settings doesn't have anything to do with sim game play. Putting the game on HOF/SS sim only makes you have a more realistic (in some cases) FG% and more fouls. The game is going to play the same regardless if its on default, casual or sim. Casual may boost some things up, never really looked to see.

So i guess i was wrong to assume MC's purpose was to "simulate" the life of an NBA player... Honestly this game needs a complete overhaul in my opinion... Also they should just implement a "arcade" "casual" and a "sim" setting then. That way they can cater to everyone in their own respect also micro transactions have butchered this game... Allow sliders for MC and that may solve some of my issues i guess.

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 04:09 AM   #46
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

This is where we disagree. At least with the initial vision and deployment of MC. I respect you but in this case you are wrong. MC shares a lot logic and systems with the MyLeage and MyGM and in that respect is a lot more sim than you are giving it credit for.

Using the sliders where you can (eg. real fg%) does make a difference.

@Cardinalbird - You really don't understand MC if you think you have little to no impact on how your team plays.

MC was more about the journey then the destination. I wish 2K would go back to its roots on MC.

Last edited by Taer; 03-29-2015 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:16 AM   #47
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
The thing about this so called " ComeBack Code" is not soo much that the game is programmed specifically to accomplish just that, so i believe that Beluba is right in saying that there is no such code, but there is a big BUT.....

Lets take a look at the hated or loved call of duty infamous quick scope....If i should ask infinity ward if there is a quick scope code in the game and they would respond to me saying NO, techically they are correct because thier was no such intentions and i believe them, but can u quick scope?...... the answer is still yes but as a result of having auto assist aim enabled on console versions it gives an advantage and existence of user input married with AI assitance....and the end results in infuriates the recipient

I think and again this is OPINIONATED
that majority of the user base on my own experiences and youtubed videos that, those experiencing the "comback Code" are the ones playing against other users, and not so much people playing against AI modesl ike Mygm ect. with the codes giving the Ai the ability to makes adjustmetns to challenge the user is extremely talented coding and it makes the Ai dynamic and Intuitive.

But when a user is added to the equation and the Ai for the losing player is making these adjustments, kinda like AUTO Assist in COD the results are not satisfying... People want to lose to another user because they feel that they lost to a better player or a person having a better game, not because MOMENTUM aided what appeared to be worst player. despite his prefered team having better ratings a user vs a user should reflect the outcome of the better player and so much the better team chosen 90% of the time.

Now with all that being said and U asked me if NBA 2k15 gives me the impression of a momentum that generates A Qiuck Scope effect ? then i would say yes. dont get me wrong it works well against the Ai but against another user it is infuriating to say the least. to watch a user doing the same thing since the start of the game only to be rewarded for it just now. And i know i will hear u need to adjust your game, and i do if they adjusted to shot down the perimeter and i made my line up adjustment to hammer in the paint should i not also be rewared for my adjustment? IF yes then why am i missing layups? why am i missing wide open mid range shots with slighty early releases and he is making slighly latee with good defence? his bosted Ai teamamtes are the problem during momentum and i think this is what is creating the " Come Back" effect.

And before i go any further i would have u know that VC had never ever made a basketball game that i have not owned , i played every last one of them since deamcast

If they would be such an Option to take off momentum i think that this would alleviate this whole argument, because i think that is where the problems lies or at least when playing against another user the effects should be diluted to bare minimum . Uers shold make their momentum with great offensive and deffensive possesions UNassisted and not from AI calculated algorithms based on current situations.
Thank you, someone with sense.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:30 PM   #48
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
This is where we disagree. At least with the initial vision and deployment of MC. I respect you but in this case you are wrong. MC shares a lot logic and systems with the MyLeage and MyGM and in that respect is a lot more sim than you are giving it credit for.

Using the sliders where you can (eg. real fg%) does make a difference.

@Cardinalbird - You really don't understand MC if you think you have little to no impact on how your team plays.

MC was more about the journey then the destination. I wish 2K would go back to its roots on MC.
I played MC and it just does not play like a true game. You have to take over to consistently win on SS or HOF. Even all-stars on your team do not play like it, plus you have no impact on what type of plays you run. If I make an athletic slashing PF then they shouldn't feed me in the post or use me as a stretch 4. It is just generic and unless you are a PG I feel like the plays are the same ones over and over.

It is "hero" ball....even people that work for 2k will admit that. If I wanted to experience a true sim then I'd do a player lock on a rookie or create myself and put me on a team. You progress unnaturally. It is what it is...but I don't really enjoy the mode. I enjoyed it more in 2k11 where I had to earn everything and you could control individual attributes, but that is a different story.

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 03-29-2015 at 03:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »