Home

Fixing this HAS to be priority #1 in 2K16...

This is a discussion on Fixing this HAS to be priority #1 in 2K16... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Fixing this HAS to be priority #1 in 2K16...

I combated this issue by editing my roster I redid contacts of players most likely to be resigned and put no trade clauses on players most likely not to be traded obviously you never know with the nba but I prefer it to be as less of trades and superstar movement as possible it's worked out great for me okafor is the main man in NY towns in minny, mudiay in Philly and Russel in LA none playing behind anyone this is in mygm mode
Old 04-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #18
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Playing my league, I just make sure I'm in control of all 30 teams. I'll have one main team that's MY team, and I let the cpu handle everything else for the other teams except for drafting and free agency.

It's a pain in the butt, but making bids for players from teams that actually makes sense and has needs is a lot better than encountering the scenario in the OP every year.

You get into a bit of a competition with yourself, it can be tedious but very fun at the same time.

It's not a permanent fix, but it's better than the current situation
Old 04-02-2015, 07:19 PM   #19
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Playing my league, I just make sure I'm in control of all 30 teams. I'll have one main team that's MY team, and I let the cpu handle everything else for the other teams except for drafting and free agency.

It's a pain in the butt, but making bids for players from teams that actually makes sense and has needs is a lot better than encountering the scenario in the OP every year.

You get into a bit of a competition with yourself, it can be tedious but very fun at the same time.

It's not a permanent fix, but it's better than the current situation
So how do you do trades? And also, don't tell me you do the whole draft lol...I've been an offline only player since 2K12 but I've never done a 30 team Association as I always felt like it would be way too hard lol...if only there was like a "30 team control guide" lol
Old 04-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

I've been doing 30 team control for 5 or 6 years. I have an excel spreadsheet someone created a few years back that I use to keep track of injuries, draft, trades, rights to guys overseas, etc. Someone else created a FA calculator that assigns a formula for various things (city, winner, role, contract size, etc.) that you can use in conjuction with Randomnumber sites to choose between competing teams for a big free agent.

It is work but I love the realism. I do create all the trades. Sometimes I ask here for input or ask a friend on facebook. I try to be as realistic as possible with trades, free agent signings, who is tanking, who is trying to win, etc. I do the entire draft, but my one flaw is I don't have anywhere near the trades that occur in real life. Probably the most tedious aspect of 30 team control is doing rotations with injuries. I'm a stat geek so I do it, but many 30 team control folks choose to let the AI handle rotations.

Only thing I don't control is scouting and draft combines.

I also in the past I have done my own progression/regression. I protect 4 players on each team (superstars, young up and coming talent, etc.). Everyone else is eligible for regression. I use Random.org and assign 1-whatever based on their order on the 2k roster screen (ranked by OVR). Once the regressing player is picked, I would generate another number for how many points he lost overall and a 2nd number for lost potential. The older the player the more likely I would downgrade physical skills like vertical and quickness to get their OVR downgrade. Same thing with the player who got lucky enough to progress. Haven't been doing that this year due to the progression/regression thing. Not sure that I will or not. I always like a player just randomly getting much better or falling apart though. Happens all the time in the NBA.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #21
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

A team that signs a player in FA just because they can sign him and in the process get an even bigger star in that position or a lesser player that however fits the team style better, doesn't mean they're not going to trade the superfluous guy in the future. They have the cap space to get bargaining chips for trades to fill other positions of need, when the players that they needed the most might have not been willing to sign with them. Showing me screenshots of a team right after FA doesn't tell me much.

Give me a specific story (details please) about how a team could pick up a player that's a much better fit for the team (and who would sign with that team) and instead ignored him. Give me a specific story about a team that had two superstars in one position (or three in overlapping primary/secondary like the first screenshot) and didn't use one of the two or three as a bargaining chip in a future trade.

I'm not saying we're not always looking to improve (and I doubt there'll ever be a year where we don't work on team building logic), but just one image is not enough of an indication of the whole story/problem/however you want to put it.
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 01:41 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
A team that signs a player in FA just because they can sign him and in the process get an even bigger star in that position or a lesser player that however fits the team style better, doesn't mean they're not going to trade the superfluous guy in the future. They have the cap space to get bargaining chips for trades to fill other positions of need, when the players that they needed the most might have not been willing to sign with them. Showing me screenshots of a team right after FA doesn't tell me much.

Give me a specific story (details please) about how a team could pick up a player that's a much better fit for the team (and who would sign with that team) and instead ignored him. Give me a specific story about a team that had two superstars in one position (or three in overlapping primary/secondary like the first screenshot) and didn't use one of the two or three as a bargaining chip in a future trade.

I'm not saying we're not always looking to improve (and I doubt there'll ever be a year where we don't work on team building logic), but just one image is not enough of an indication of the whole story/problem/however you want to put it.
It shouldn't solely be a team building logic issue. In the event these positional log-jams are the result of free agency, the players should find the situation undesirable and choose a better fit.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:06 AM   #23
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I've been doing 30 team control for 5 or 6 years. I have an excel spreadsheet someone created a few years back that I use to keep track of injuries, draft, trades, rights to guys overseas, etc. Someone else created a FA calculator that assigns a formula for various things (city, winner, role, contract size, etc.) that you can use in conjuction with Randomnumber sites to choose between competing teams for a big free agent.

It is work but I love the realism. I do create all the trades. Sometimes I ask here for input or ask a friend on facebook. I try to be as realistic as possible with trades, free agent signings, who is tanking, who is trying to win, etc. I do the entire draft, but my one flaw is I don't have anywhere near the trades that occur in real life. Probably the most tedious aspect of 30 team control is doing rotations with injuries. I'm a stat geek so I do it, but many 30 team control folks choose to let the AI handle rotations.

Only thing I don't control is scouting and draft combines.

I also in the past I have done my own progression/regression. I protect 4 players on each team (superstars, young up and coming talent, etc.). Everyone else is eligible for regression. I use Random.org and assign 1-whatever based on their order on the 2k roster screen (ranked by OVR). Once the regressing player is picked, I would generate another number for how many points he lost overall and a 2nd number for lost potential. The older the player the more likely I would downgrade physical skills like vertical and quickness to get their OVR downgrade. Same thing with the player who got lucky enough to progress. Haven't been doing that this year due to the progression/regression thing. Not sure that I will or not. I always like a player just randomly getting much better or falling apart though. Happens all the time in the NBA.

I really like how you were doing this. Im very OCD about Stats and realism and why I control all teams in every sports game, because trading is bad in all sports game, much worse than it should be, although probably never be perfect in any game, even MLBTS its very poorly done, and they are the best around.

Unfortunately NBA2k this yr made it so if you do a 30 team franchise, you have to do basically everything, other than rotations, which I do rotations anyway, but I hate not being able to let the AI make trade offers this yr, and you have to do all trades. In the past I use to watch rumors, and that's how I decided if a trade would be made, but now they have it all messed up.

If this isn't changed next yr along with more blocked shots that they screwed up this yr, I definitely wont buy the game, no need to pay another 65+$'s for a broke game, when I can just stick with the broke game I got,lol. Going to have to treat NBA2k like I do Madden and not buy it day 1 anymore.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #24
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
So how do you do trades? And also, don't tell me you do the whole draft lol...I've been an offline only player since 2K12 but I've never done a 30 team Association as I always felt like it would be way too hard lol...if only there was like a "30 team control guide" lol
I look at the morale of players throughout the season. I factor in injuries, age, team performance, morale, and veterans on bad teams usually get traded to contenders around the deadline.

If I see a deal that makes sense, I do it. It's difficult, but it's worth the off season.

I don't do the whole draft, just round 1 and the "lottery" picks of rounds 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »