Home

I actually don't think contested shots go in too much...

This is a discussion on I actually don't think contested shots go in too much... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2015, 06:42 AM   #17
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I actually don't think contested shots go in too much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
Agree with rockie need to raise to difficuly and maybe sim sliders for rec. Shooting was made easyer thats great!but lets make sure off ballence fading 3's arent cash money. And contested mid range? If you play rec you know what i mean. Should be an easy fix.
Lol the contested midrange are ridiculous
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-31-2015, 02:57 AM   #18
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
BUT! I do think they swish WAY too much...Was playing earlier, and Kenneth Faried hit the most BS 3 pt shot at the end of the shot clock. I see a lot of people around the forums complaining that contested shots go in WAY too much, and I actually don't agree...(percentage wise)

I understand that within 2K's engine there are certain shots that go in not based on ratings, but based on luck and that is a GREAT thing! Why? Because that happens every day on basketball courts all over the world! Luck is a huge part of the jumpshot! Every time a basketball hits the rim it has a chance to go in, no matter who shoots it!

That said usually only the most perfect releases and the most textbook shots produce a pure "swish" and I think THAT the lack of true Ball/Rim physics is what hurts the FEEL of this game...if Kenneth Faried pulled up for a 3 at the buzzer and it hit back iron, dropped down, and rolled around the rim a bit before falling in, I don't think I would be as upset as I am when players like that it perfect swishes. Idk this was just something on my mind that I think would make the community as a whole feel much better about the game.

TL;DR:
-Make green (perfect) releases swishes
-Lower quality shots should bounce around the rim much more
-Better Ball/Net/Rim physics for NBA 2K16

I have found that out too about contested shots. I think the real issue is defense, and lack of control because of sliding makes it hard to play good D. I have found that with the right sliders to help play D better, that teams really aren't shooting sky high %'s.

I had to up the difficulty though after the patch, so it taken time to find the right sliders. I struggled to win on all star, but after that patch I was creaming everyone, so I had to go to up to Super Star.

I liked how hard All Star was for me, but now its more or less a broken mess since the patch cause it seemed to get dumb down, and I know I didn't all of a sudden improve that dang much.

There is times where I feel the AI don't shoot good enough on even Super Star form the perimeter at sim slider settings, which I don't like so I think Im going to have to up their shooting from there.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

I'm gonna tell you about a game I played the other day. Before anyone comments I'm not complaining or bitching. I'm telling you what happened.

I was playing all star team up as PG. My 2 guard subbed in JJ Redick then left the game - as some *******s have a tendency to do. It was now just me and the bots against a three stack. I've long since had a theory that 3 pointers ,miss way too often so I decided to test my theory with Redick so I fed him the ball. I pretty much passed to him every time I got it. I gave him the ball in good areas and I gave him the ball in bad areas. It was me and him against the others. I pretty much cut out the other three bots. I never called for the ball back but if I was in his area I'd try and screen his defender.

Can anyone guess what he shot for the match?

HE shot a frankly disturbing 7 out of 29. The more astute mathematicians among you will have alread worked out thats less than 25%. He took 29 shots and missed three quarters of them. I was not mad but absolutely stunned at how he missed shot after shot after shot but still kept shooting. As I said I didnt always even try to give him the ball in good areas I simply gave him the ball and left him to get on with it. That how the bot decded to play it. Since then I've kept an eye on the shooting percentages for bots and I think they tend to shoot between 3/10 to 4/12. So between 30 and 33% whether it be big men or guards. It also doesnt seem to matter if you give them good shot or bad shots the percentage remains the same.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:35 PM   #20
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee
I'm gonna tell you about a game I played the other day. Before anyone comments I'm not complaining or bitching. I'm telling you what happened.

I was playing all star team up as PG. My 2 guard subbed in JJ Redick then left the game - as some *******s have a tendency to do. It was now just me and the bots against a three stack. I've long since had a theory that 3 pointers ,miss way too often so I decided to test my theory with Redick so I fed him the ball. I pretty much passed to him every time I got it. I gave him the ball in good areas and I gave him the ball in bad areas. It was me and him against the others. I pretty much cut out the other three bots. I never called for the ball back but if I was in his area I'd try and screen his defender.

Can anyone guess what he shot for the match?

HE shot a frankly disturbing 7 out of 29. The more astute mathematicians among you will have alread worked out thats less than 25%. He took 29 shots and missed three quarters of them. I was not mad but absolutely stunned at how he missed shot after shot after shot but still kept shooting. As I said I didnt always even try to give him the ball in good areas I simply gave him the ball and left him to get on with it. That how the bot decded to play it. Since then I've kept an eye on the shooting percentages for bots and I think they tend to shoot between 3/10 to 4/12. So between 30 and 33% whether it be big men or guards. It also doesnt seem to matter if you give them good shot or bad shots the percentage remains the same.
I noticed this at the rec . Wide open shots don't seem to go in at a higher rate than contested shots . But the highest percentage shot seems to be a late arriving defender . Maybe it's because of deadeye but idk it's weird
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #21
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

if i guard a player in myleague 3/5 times hes missing the shot if i do it right.

if i guard a player in the rec 3/5 times hes making the shot if i do it right.

something has to be done with the latter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 12:18 PM   #22
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Offline, it's fine I guess. Like OP said, people make shots that make you go wtf all the time.
I play basketball like every day and a lot of regulars come and run and some aren't that good...but every now and then they'll pull off something that makes em look like a former college star lol

The problem is online, not just one mode, online in general. The reason I don't like the shot meter, is because once someone's mastered a shot, they can get a lot of perfect releases even when contested or fading.
This means a pretty much sure-shot for them, regardless of defense.
You're telling me I can be playing perfect d, even on a cheesy zig zagger, and he pulls it in my face (either with my hands up or actually jumping) and just because he gets a good release and knows his shot it should go in the majority of the time? That's corny.
And this last patch really upped the percentages of shots I seen go in like that.
Pair that with deadeye and shot creator? No point in even playing defense.

In my eyes, the shot meter should go..but if it doesn't, I honestly don't think perfect releases mean it's going in every time.

-Allen Iverson
Old 05-09-2015, 11:31 PM   #23
Pro

Just take the shot meter out. There's no way a shot should just go in because I got a green release. It's stupid and the more I shoot the less I like it. And by take it out I don't mean make it invisible like clutch factor. Actually remove the shot meter mechanics from the game and make wide open shots more probable but still less likely if you don't know the release point. It's out of control at this point.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:56 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Fact most complaining about contested shots going in to often play off all defense
Ok can you please explain this

https://youtu.be/sdfUvsotmgU
dude just stopped and popped a 3 with Tony Parker hand up still swish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »