Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 02:51 AM   #57
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I've seen more people who play with real NBA teams complain a lot more than people who typically prefer MyPlayer. So it seems like they've did a bad job.

MC guys isn't the ones talking about sliders and etc because we don't have that luxury.
You sure? It seemed like more people were complaining about the Rec and MyPark then anything else. MyPlayer users were complaining, because they can't adjust the sliders to offset the ease of shooting.

I know there were some offline people complaining, but I was under the impression that they found some slider settings to help. After that...who's left to complain about the shooting?

Admittedly, I think they tweaked it a tad too much, but I'm cool with it. I now can use Stuckey, G. Hill, and Miles as genuine 3PT threat while throwing in a mid range game.

As I stated before, they fixed the overall game experience so much for the better, they could have left the shot glitches alone and merely increased/decreased the percentages on open and contested shots.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:03 AM   #58
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
You sure? It seemed like more people were complaining about the Rec and MyPark then anything else. MyPlayer users were complaining, because they can't adjust the sliders to offset the ease of shooting.

I know there were some offline people complaining, but I was under the impression that they found some slider settings to help. After that...who's left to complain about the shooting?

Admittedly, I think they tweaked it a tad too much, but I'm cool with it. I now can use Stuckey, G. Hill, and Miles as genuine 3PT threat while throwing in a mid range game.

As I stated before, they fixed the overall game experience so much for the better, they could have left the shot glitches alone and merely increased/decreased the percentages on open and contested shots.

From what I've seen, I've seen more people that use regular teams complaining. I've also seen some of what you've seen as well. I am sure it's a lot worse in MC because we know our shots, we have CPU players guarding us and it's hard for users to stay in front of people in REC and Park sometimes because of the lag, and the high ratings.

Yeah, I've seen some people say some slider works and some that says none works or they just haven't found the right ones. Also people online that uses regular teams and MyTeam are others that can complain that cannot change sliders.

I am sure you're happy about it because it makes using your Pacers a lot easier. Specially since they are knocking down shots a lot more now. And you not having PG13, I am sure it was frustrating. Hopefully, we just get that 2K11 like shooting in 2K16. Shooting has been fine. Never even thought to complain about that back then.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 AM   #59
Banned

Maybe I'm slow on the uptake, but I still have yet to download this patch. Is it not available for XB1 again? From everything I'm hearing, even my fellow sim heads are having trouble enjoying the changes. Let's hope it's more over reactions that can be fixed like it was last patch.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #60
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

First HOF SIM online league game post patch. I am not trying to be knee jerk and the user I played was very bad but these stats are disturbing and hope it's an anolomy going forward. For 2k16, this concept of automatic green releases has got to he removed. It feels arcadey and gamey and is at odds with simulation gameplay, especially on the highest difficultly level user vs user. We as a community wanted the glitched shots fixed but we never asked for perfect releases to be so easy to achieve especially on HOF. We have no recourse with sliders as online league heads and rely HOF sim difficulty to temper the arcade elements of 2k when compared to the other casual modes of MyTeam and online rank. We had our sanctuary with HOF sim but this patch portends disaster for OL heads who play on that level if 2k doesn't address the green release gimmick or make them harder to achieve. I have no problem with the boosted mid range shot heuristics and am glad Beluba left 3 pointers untouched. But we as a community asked for every player to be able to achieve a perfect release out of fairness. Now that it's been accomplished, it would be nice to make them less obtainable...especially against good to great shot contests on HOF sim.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 04-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #61
Pro

Real Player % is the way to go until 2K16 develops a new shooting mechanic. You still have to adjust sliders with RP%, I was Ray Allen with Deron Williams in one game post-patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #62
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

I play MP in the Park almost exclusively, I like the patch a lot of people need to remember that the majority of MP's have MAXED OUT STATS. So of course more shots are going to go in if they tune the game.

Everyone is running around with 95 shooting down the line. Our 3 man team has been able to shoot over the course of the last two patches. But it did seem for a while (around the time the patch hit PS4) that the park felt different, missing shots we normally hit, playing good defense aka ''good shot defense'' and still having two's drained in our faces.

I played roughly 2 1/2-3 hours last night, and the balance seemed to have returned, we worked the ball around and the majority of our open shots 1's/2's dropped, if we took contested shots we usually missed, and the same for our opponents.

It even seemed like a semblance of defense had returned, strips, the ability to tip alley-oop passes (which had been very hard to come by lately), the ability to block dunks to a respectable degree, as well as layups seemed to go in at a more natural clip.

It was one sitting, probably 15-20 games or so, but I was as excited to get back on 2K as I've been in a while.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 04-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #63
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
From what I've seen, I've seen more people that use regular teams complaining. I've also seen some of what you've seen as well. I am sure it's a lot worse in MC because we know our shots, we have CPU players guarding us and it's hard for users to stay in front of people in REC and Park sometimes because of the lag, and the high ratings.

Yeah, I've seen some people say some slider works and some that says none works or they just haven't found the right ones. Also people online that uses regular teams and MyTeam are others that can complain that cannot change sliders.

I am sure you're happy about it because it makes using your Pacers a lot easier. Specially since they are knocking down shots a lot more now. And you not having PG13, I am sure it was frustrating. Hopefully, we just get that 2K11 like shooting in 2K16. Shooting has been fine. Never even thought to complain about that back then.
I agree. NBA 2K11's shooting was the best for me hands down. For the record, I didn't want the Pacers to be easier to be used. I just wanted to be able to use the Pacers. The more and more that I play this game post-patch, I'm realizing that some of the exaggerated animations were preventing me from having a good offense too. For me, it was frustrating getting open looks and clanking them left and right. However, I couldn't really go to a post game, because certain animations would make my bigs throw up ridiculous shots, so it defeated the purpose of trying to run post plays to throw a different look at the offense.

Now, the thing that I'm noticing is that I'm not REALLY getting that many more green releases than I was before. I'm still getting a lot of "just on the white line" shots. To me, the perfect releases is not the problem per se, but the change that they made to open shots. IMHO, the green releases is more placebo than anything else. I'm just hitting my open shots at a better percentage. Combined that with my bigs scoring more on put backs and post moves, then yes...my FG% dramatically went up.

If they want my vote, I vote for them to decrease the percentages on open looks, penalize people more on contested shots and poor releases. I think they should leave the "green release" fix, because people do still need a visual cue to help them determine that they are achieving success on the shot release. Right now, 2KSports just have to tweak their "sliders" to create the perfect balance for offense against the defense. Defensively, I'm do better on creating turnovers and forcing players into taking bad shots, but those open shots are guaranteed money and straight daggers.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 1

While I appreciate the work Beluba did to fix broken releases, it seems that the open shot percentage boost along with the the fix not being properly re-tuned and rebalanced has left the game in what I deem a broken state. It has essentially made our fears that the entire simulation game can be glitched past with decent timing a reality.

In addition, the boost of open midrange shots being 60 for an average decent shooter seems entirely too high and out of alignment with NBA stats historically. Not even Curry has been hitting 60 wide open from midrange this season, and he's much better than a "decent" midrange shooter.

My original plan was to not install the patch since the 2K15 with patch 3 played a very solid game. Unfortunately, the game loses all online connectivity without the patch, and refuses to play without it if an online connection exists.

So as it stands, there are few viable resolutions. Slider settings don't work properly if the ease of green releases effectively bypass them. Not installing the patch makes the game offline only and breaks all online modes, updates, and features.

I sincerely hope there will be an additional patch to bring these issues back into balance. However, Mike mentioned that the AI may be inadequate in covering the effectiveness of the players' shooting, and to wait for DaCzar to bring it up to par. I think the issue may be more problematic than that (most missed shots in NBA are actually open), and his comments make me fear that there may be no more patches for 2K15.

If this is truly the case, the latest changes will have left the game in a broken state with more than six months left in the product cycle, which I do have to deem entirely unacceptable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »