Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #65
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included

If you are a playbook user and run a lot plays that get you open shots your FG% should go up just based off the open bonus that should never have been applied without looking at how actual players shoot when contested vs. being open. Some players shoot just as good when contested as they do when open so they didn't need a bonus, some shoot very well when open and then drop off the map when contested, some can't shoot whether open or contested. Some shoot slightly better when contested than open but it happens.

Then you add the ability to hit green perfects to that and the game can get arcadey real quick.

Offline your options are to go to real FG% and tweak sliders and hope 2K patches in something to fix 100% green success and open bonus.

Online there is no real solution but to contest every single shot but there will be open looks regardless and the %'s will look crazy I see no way around it add in some sig skills and badges and I definitely can see it getting out of hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #66
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

All the offense upgrades to shooting and green releases yet defense didn't get touched? Still ice sliding

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 04-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #67
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I sincerely hope there will be an additional patch to bring these issues back into balance. However, Mike mentioned that the AI may be inadequate in covering the effectiveness of the players' shooting, and to wait for DaCzar to bring it up to par. I think the issue may be more problematic than that (most missed shots in NBA are actually open), and his comments make me fear that there may be no more patches for 2K15.

If this is truly the case, the latest changes will have left the game in a broken state with more than six months left in the product cycle, which I do have to deem entirely unacceptable.
The part I highlighted in bold is what I hope they realize. Players get open on hard contest, escape dribble pump fakes etc. they just don't make the shots because they are open. Mike took that complaint in the shot meter thread and just ran with it and gave too many players an open bonus they did not need or deserve. If they can't properly rate the open success by using stats they should have left it alone or looked at the league wide average for being open. It is really low if you look at the whole NBA and was close to how it was in the previous patch.

2K15 if possible add a rating for being open and being contested on jumpers. User stick shooting should be limited to a maximum rating at perfect release not 100% success.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #68
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
All the offense upgrades to shooting and green releases yet defense didn't get touched? Still ice sliding
I finding that only using LT, light feathering of the RS, and not smothering the player to be pretty successful for me. They don't slide around as much. I use the fast shuffle only when they're driving to the basket. I've been mostly impressed with the defense. Plus, it helps that every dribble drive and/or late shot attempts doesn't result in a foul.

I've been keeping up with the higher FG% by playing solid defense and limiting my turnovers.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #69
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
This was upsetting to me as well. Just a very minor boost would have made me happy. Or even no boost but work on the sliding.

I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but the shooting isn't killing the game for me. I wish the bump wasn't so steep, but I think an adjustment was needed. I play fairly solid D when I'm not skating around. I love that contested shots are being missed at a lot greater rate. So while the balance isn't perfect, I do like playing the game post patch.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #70
QNo
MVP

I'm surprised to see that there's no mention of alley-oops in the patch notes. They are both easier to defend and more likely to miss even wide open. I just missed a wide open oop from LeBron (gold lob city passer) to Shaq (gold lob city finisher, 99 dunk) with LBJ being at the freethrow line and Shaq under the basket. No defender was inside the 3 point line as he was crashing the boards late in the game. Just remembered this while watching Smoove missing a pretty open oop from Big O to MJ in his new video. This one was slightly contested, but you'd still expect a 99 passer with the gold lob city passer badge to get this oop to the GOAT.

Alley-oops were definitely overpowered pre-patch 4, but they seem somewhat underpowered to me right now.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:45 PM   #71
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

The Patch notes don't seem to cover all the fixes. Almost like it's an abbreviated list. I didn't see any mention to MyPark Rep and clearly something has changed. I, along with countless others, were stuck in the middle of our Reps. I've noticed post patch this was corrected. Wasn't there a shoe fix work around as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #72
Rookie

I hate to play against the Clippers because CP3 keep on throwing up the ******** stupid ally-opps that result in TO over and over again. CP3 had 5 TO just of the stupid ally-opps that he just throw up and my cpu swap it away. this is so unrealistic and look ******** as CP3 will never do such thing in real life, smfh.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »