Home

What happened to mid-range and three ball ratings?

This is a discussion on What happened to mid-range and three ball ratings? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #25
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What happened to mid-range and three ball ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
I would like to add that this year is easily the least I have ever played an NBA 2K game, and a big reason why is the gameplay seems to drastically change on a month-to-month basis. Honestly, rating changes like this count as mini-patches. We are really up to Patch 6 after 6 months of release.

As a gamer, I am not interested in re-learning the fundamentals of gameplay every 30 days. I genuinely feel like a beta-tester with a $65 "season-pass". I can't think of another title in any genre over the past 20 years that has done this; certainly not one I have played.

I understand better than most that sports games operate on a different development cycle than other genres, however that doesn't mean I need to propagate it. Here's hoping the stumbles of 2K15 lead to a much more consistent experience in 2K16... otherwise I may not be long for it.
I don't play on-line at all, no park/rec or my team either and very rarely will I touch myplayer, I'm just a generic old school season or franchise player and because of that I can't play the game unless it's using a heavily modified roster that COMPLETELY revamps the ratings, somehow someway 2k devs have got to do away with the overall rating because it completely destroys anything past season one in any kind of franchise mode no matter how many times they try to find a cure for the same old disease, not to mention the people who lose their freaking minds if the overall doesn't match up with what they think a player should be, I'm not bringing a point that others haven't made a million times before either... And to your point about gaming cycles I really think that they should release the game at least a month or more into the regular season since by that time there usually has been one or two patches anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #26
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It counters the easier shooting

Bad news it doesn't help us at the rec lmaoo come on 2k
My thoughts exactly lol
Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #27
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

This is kinda whack... if someone starts a MyLeague, aren't all of the percentages going to be off? And draft classes are going to have multiple guys that become technically the best shooters in the league as rookies...

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 04-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #28
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
I don't play on-line at all, no park/rec or my team either and very rarely will I touch myplayer, I'm just a generic old school season or franchise player and because of that I can't play the game unless it's using a heavily modified roster that COMPLETELY revamps the ratings, somehow someway 2k devs have got to do away with the overall rating because it completely destroys anything past season one in any kind of franchise mode no matter how many times they try to find a cure for the same old disease, not to mention the people who lose their freaking minds if the overall doesn't match up with what they think a player should be, I'm not bringing a point that others haven't made a million times before either... And to your point about gaming cycles I really think that they should release the game at least a month or more into the regular season since by that time there usually has been one or two patches anyway
Yeah what bugs me is that it only takes like two seasons before every team has a starting lineup of all 85-90 rated players with two 83's coming off the bench.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #29
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
This is kinda whack... if someone starts a MyLeague, aren't all of the percentages going to be off? And draft classes are going to have multiple guys that become technically the best shooters in the league as rookies...
This is what I was thinking.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 0

Terrible idea, 2K should have just upgraded the sliders not the attributes ... It would make more sense, no? So if we use the Default Roster, sliders must be set to 42 (-8 from 50) to be accurate.

Last edited by Luke Skywalker; 04-03-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
And to your point about gaming cycles I really think that they should release the game at least a month or more into the regular season since by that time there usually has been one or two patches anyway
The NBA makes the decision on release dates.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #32
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
The NBA makes the decision on release dates.
I forgot about that actually cause I do remember hearing that before and it sucks cause it's gotta handcuff the devs ability to fully flesh out the issues they've gotta know are there, it's especially frustrating cause there's no way a late release will affect their sales, if anything I think those first day numbers would be higher than they are now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »