Home

Help Defense Strength

This is a discussion on Help Defense Strength within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 05:51 AM   #25
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Help Defense Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
What does the controller settings have to do with the lack of Help Defense from my CPU teammates?

In the video here, I have Help Defense at 100 and Defensive awareness at 100, I am controlling Austin Rivers, but I got picked so naturally I would expect (with the aforementioned slider settings) to get SOME type of help defense from my team...and that didn't happen.

In the video Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, and Matt Barnes literally watch Curry walk into the paint which leads me to believe my original point that the Help Defense slider is broken still stands...

I have messed with this too, but I do think held D slider does have some impact but not as much as you would think it should. With it cranked up you would think it would be extremely hard to get into the paint without getting a shot blocked, or something good happens on D, but you do get what you describe more time than you should with guys just watching a layup happen. I play with it cranked up as well as all the defense strength sliders on layups and jump shots, as I see less PIP and get more blocked shots, althought not near enough blocked shots, that aspect is broken on the new consoles, blocked shots on the old consoles with NBA2k15 is good, but when I went to the new console a shot time back I was very disappointed with the lack of blocked shots and this is with contecst shots and blocking at 100, the AI gets even less blocks than I do, neither get enough.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 07:23 AM   #26
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Help Defense Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
I don't really agree...at least that isn't how it has worked in past 2K's...Help defense is the strength of your defensive rotations...it wouldn't make sense if the slider represented how strong it would be when help gets there, that is what the "Contact" sliders and the "Layup defense strength" sliders SHOULD do, I will however test this.

There was a separate slider in the Coach Profiles that disappeared after 2K14 NG in favor of POEs. This was the go to option to toggle the aggressiveness of your help defense rather than the help defense strength slider....I've never looked at that slider as a way to strengthen rotations, it'd seem kind of redundant to have it in there for that purpose...

EDIT: wish we could get these back...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 04-13-2015 at 12:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »