Home

Can someone break down training for me?

This is a discussion on Can someone break down training for me? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Can someone break down training for me?

I'm running a MyLeague with the wizards and can't seem to figure out how training works. I've done general team training and have adjusted intensity and played with off says but my guys' ratings seem to always drop. I've also tried individualized trainings and varied which skills the players should focus on but still the ratings seem to drop. This may be due to my record, I've simmed a lot and have one of the worst records in the league so maybe a poor record/morale trump any training gains? I have chemistry and morale effects sliders maxed. So maybe that's it?

Either way, hopefully some of y'all can break down training for me. What approaches do you take. I'm not liking for a do x all the time and you'll always get a ratings boost, but I'd like to understand the risk vs. reward to training because right now it seems like no matter what I true, my guys always drop. Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can someone break down training for me?

- Basically don't train individual skills for more than a few weeks or their other skills will surely drop.

- I always train players as the player type that I want them to develop into. So if you have a PF that can shoot decently and you want him to be a Stretch 4 then you choose "PF-Face Up." However be mindful of their compatibility. Try to train players in styles that they have either High or Very High compatibility with. This ensures that they progress and reach their potential the fastest.

- Try not to overtrain guys who don't have high work ethic or leg work ethic badges. Meaning keeping them to normal.

- If guys are older/past their primes you should train their injury rehab. This prevents injury and also helps build their durability ratings. If they avoid too many in season injuries you can keep a guy reasonably highly rated into their mid 30's (think 33 or 34).

- When injury rehab is a training parameter guys won't aggravate current injuries.

- A good training staff helps players reach their potential faster.

- When players are in injury rehab training they don't grow but as long as they're healthy they won't drop.

- If you have a PG who can't shoot instead of training their 3 pt shooting attributes individual switch their player type training to 'Outside Scoring.' This will allow them to train all relative skills that would progress them to being a Point Guard who can shoot. Which means they will also gain points in playmaking.

- As players develop the training styles they are compatible with change. A guy might have been a very low compatible stretch 5 but 3 years later after your training you may see them become average or even high.

- Check back with training often if you have a young team that's still developing.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
- Basically don't train individual skills for more than a few weeks or their other skills will surely drop.

- I always train players as the player type that I want them to develop into. So if you have a PF that can shoot decently and you want him to be a Stretch 4 then you choose "PF-Face Up." However be mindful of their compatibility. Try to train players in styles that they have either High or Very High compatibility with. This ensures that they progress and reach their potential the fastest.

- Try not to overtrain guys who don't have high work ethic or leg work ethic badges. Meaning keeping them to normal.

- If guys are older/past their primes you should train their injury rehab. This prevents injury and also helps build their durability ratings. If they avoid too many in season injuries you can keep a guy reasonably highly rated into their mid 30's (think 33 or 34).

- When injury rehab is a training parameter guys won't aggravate current injuries.

- A good training staff helps players reach their potential faster.

- When players are in injury rehab training they don't grow but as long as they're healthy they won't drop.

- If you have a PG who can't shoot instead of training their 3 pt shooting attributes individual switch their player type training to 'Outside Scoring.' This will allow them to train all relative skills that would progress them to being a Point Guard who can shoot. Which means they will also gain points in playmaking.

- As players develop the training styles they are compatible with change. A guy might have been a very low compatible stretch 5 but 3 years later after your training you may see them become average or even high.

- Check back with training often if you have a young team that's still developing.

I really didn't know that overtraining for young players in my league is an issue. I was using high training for all players younger than 30 and medium for older ones ,with rest days in between to regain their stamina.

I will also test the injury rehab for older players theory.Thanks a lot.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip83
I really didn't know that overtraining for young players in my league is an issue. I was using high training for all players younger than 30 and medium for older ones ,with rest days in between to regain their stamina.

I will also test the injury rehab for older players theory.Thanks a lot.
No problem. The injury rehab bit comes from one of Leftos' posts about his mode so I'd take that basically as fact.

The overtrain I know is a factor in MyGM and your players will tell you about it in that mode. I'm pretty sure it functions the same in MyLeague you just won't be told about it there. That isn't confirmed as I don't frequent MyLeague as much.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
No problem. The injury rehab bit comes from one of Leftos' posts about his mode so I'd take that basically as fact.

The overtrain I know is a factor in MyGM and your players will tell you about it in that mode. I'm pretty sure it functions the same in MyLeague you just won't be told about it there. That isn't confirmed as I don't frequent MyLeague as much.
Their status of 'tiredness' or something like that in down right hand side corner will be filled up if they are fatigued. That means they are over-trained and/or over-played.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »