Home

Not suppose to win

This is a discussion on Not suppose to win within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2015, 12:52 AM   #9
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not suppose to win

I went 98-0 on HOF SIM 12 min qtrs with Portland for the 2014-2015 season; it isn't scripted. I am not bragging, just letting you know w/e the CPU does it can be overcome with counters. Is a matter of how committed you are to winning and how willing you are to remake and add to your game ^_^ I am always happy to help if you have questions ^^

*The key is to always add new skills to your game; both on offense and defense. Once you have learned enough weapons and counters the CPU stands no chance against you.

Sam Pham

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 04-18-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:18 AM   #10
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
I went 98-0 on HOF SIM 12 min qtrs with Portland for the 2014-2015 season; it isn't scripted. I am not bragging, just letting you know w/e the CPU does it can be overcome with counters. Is a matter of how committed you are to winning and how willing you are to remake and add to your game ^_^ I am always happy to help if you have questions ^^

*The key is to always add new skills to your game; both on offense and defense. Once you have learned enough weapons and counters the CPU stands no chance against you.

Sam Pham
Well got damn!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #11
Rookie

Maybe it's not scripted but something is clearly going on. I really don't mind losing. It makes the game more fun and enjoyable. My thing is that when I'm playing good Defense the whole possession and every time it get down to the last second of the shot clock they make the shot regardless. They are also hitting ever mid range shot they shoot. Even if I'm in their face. It's like I have to block it or its going in.

Like I said I don't mind losing it brings a challenge to the game and winning every game is not enjoyable and would make the game boring. I'm just getting annoyed that all of sudden I can't stop the cpu. I'm in the same season with the same settings the same players and they used to miss shots and everything. But now it seems their hitting every shot. No matter the player no matter the D.

Do this game get harder has the season go on or was there a patch that came out that made the cpu and but smarter or better. Cause it's not making sense how all of sudden players are doing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardcg
Maybe it's not scripted but something is clearly going on. I really don't mind losing. It makes the game more fun and enjoyable. My thing is that when I'm playing good Defense the whole possession and every time it get down to the last second of the shot clock they make the shot regardless. They are also hitting ever mid range shot they shoot. Even if I'm in their face. It's like I have to block it or its going in.

Like I said I don't mind losing it brings a challenge to the game and winning every game is not enjoyable and would make the game boring. I'm just getting annoyed that all of sudden I can't stop the cpu. I'm in the same season with the same settings the same players and they used to miss shots and everything. But now it seems their hitting every shot. No matter the player no matter the D.

Do this game get harder has the season go on or was there a patch that came out that made the cpu and but smarter or better. Cause it's not making sense how all of sudden players are doing this.
Do you challenge the shot manually ? As in you do the contest yourself ? Because if you let CPU do the contest, the AI shooting precentages will end up really high. 2K does this on purpose to force users guard shots manually. You literally have to manual contest a shot and then while shot is in the air you switch to interior defender to box out ^_^
Old 04-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Do you challenge the shot manually ? As in you do the contest yourself ? Because if you let CPU do the contest, the AI shooting precentages will end up really high. 2K does this on purpose to force users guard shots manually. You literally have to manual contest a shot and then while shot is in the air you switch to interior defender to box out ^_^
Yes I do contest the shots myself if I'm able to get over there cause my AI teammates be leaving players wide open. But yes I do contest the shots cause I did notice that the my AI teammates will not contest the shot like they should. my problem is that even when I contest the shot it's going in most of the time regardless of who shots it. I love the game and not trying make the game seem bad or anything like that. I just don't get how I was able to play good Defense before and the cpu would miss shots but now it's like things is playing a totally different way. I did not adjust any settings or sliders for it to be playing any different than it was. Even when I have them down to the last second they seem to make some ridiculous shots.

O and about that switching to box out.. to me it seems like when I do that the cpu makes the shot most of the time. To me it feels like they do this to prevent cheating some way. unless it's just me, almost every time I switch off to box out, the shot go in.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:22 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Yes I do contest the shots myself if I'm able to get over there cause my AI teammates be leaving players wide open. But yes I do contest the shots cause I did notice that the my AI teammates will not contest the shot like they should. my problem is that even when I contest the shot it's going in most of the time regardless of who shots it. I love the game and not trying make the game seem bad or anything like that. I just don't get how I was able to play good Defense before and the cpu would miss shots but now it's like things is playing a totally different way. I did not adjust any settings or sliders for it to be playing any different than it was. Even when I have them down to the last second they seem to make some ridiculous shots.

O and about that switching to box out.. to me it seems like when I do that the cpu makes the shot most of the time. To me it feels like they do this to prevent cheating some way. unless it's just me, almost every time I switch off to box out, the shot go in.
Anyone wanna get some coins?
Old 04-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #15
Rookie

Use some sliders bro. Have a look at Shady Mikes, they work nicely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 02:32 AM   #16
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:

Have you tried adjusting Defensive Settings ? Secondly, defensive POE makes a huge difference. For example if you are going PROTECT the Paint + Play Physical Defense you are gonna get rained on. Like there is a time to use those settings vs specific lineups but if you are facing a bunch of shooters I won't suggest it. If you are suffering open shooter issues I suggest you try this out:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qrxUNXXiIGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »