Home

Not suppose to win

This is a discussion on Not suppose to win within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not suppose to win

I'm a true believer in that games scripted in the game.. I just had a game against the Nuggets and no matter what I did they was blowing by me and making every shot and getting everything they wanted. I hate playing games like this. how come it seems like when im playing close up defense they can pull right out of a animation and go right by me, but i can't go by them and can't cut back until the animation finish playing out.

It's crazy how much of an advantage the CPU has. My players react to slow, cpu has crazy speed up on fast breaks, cpu can block passes without even looking, get every loose ball even if you player is standing right next to it, you can play great defense the whole time they have the ball but they hit some miracle shot at the end of the shot clock, you can not close out on shots on get around a pick or catch a player as fast as the cpu can. everything seems slower on my end then the cpu. there passes are faster my passes seem like they are slow and gives the cpu time to catch. the bumping on fast breaks are dumb. i can go on.

dont handicap the user just to give the cpu an advantage or script games...

I dont know if i'm the only one that noticed this, but if the cpu shots and you swtich off or try to box out, that shots going to go inmost of the time. it just seems so scripted its not funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Not suppose to win

First thing's first ... what difficulty are you playing on?
Old 04-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
Rookie

allstar with some slider adjustments
Old 04-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardcg
I'm a true believer in that games scripted in the game.. I just had a game against the Nuggets and no matter what I did they was blowing by me and making every shot and getting everything they wanted. I hate playing games like this. how come it seems like when im playing close up defense they can pull right out of a animation and go right by me, but i can't go by them and can't cut back until the animation finish playing out.

It's crazy how much of an advantage the CPU has. My players react to slow, cpu has crazy speed up on fast breaks, cpu can block passes without even looking, get every loose ball even if you player is standing right next to it, you can play great defense the whole time they have the ball but they hit some miracle shot at the end of the shot clock, you can not close out on shots on get around a pick or catch a player as fast as the cpu can. everything seems slower on my end then the cpu. there passes are faster my passes seem like they are slow and gives the cpu time to catch. the bumping on fast breaks are dumb. i can go on.

dont handicap the user just to give the cpu an advantage or script games...

I dont know if i'm the only one that noticed this, but if the cpu shots and you swtich off or try to box out, that shots going to go inmost of the time. it just seems so scripted its not funny.
Well then switch to them and D up. The game can't do everything for you.

And the "scripted outcome" debate is just ridiculous. If I'm down 10 with 5 minutes and put Steal success and 3pt shooting at 100 BELIEVE ME no matter how "scripted" you think the game is lol I'm winning that game...
Old 04-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Well then switch to them and D up. The game can't do everything for you.

And the "scripted outcome" debate is just ridiculous. If I'm down 10 with 5 minutes and put Steal success and 3pt shooting at 100 BELIEVE ME no matter how "scripted" you think the game is lol I'm winning that game...

I do D up, I don't expect everything to be done for me, I already said ican have them down to the last second on the shot clock and they always hit these crazy shots.

I say the game is scripted because every now and theni have a game where it seems no matter how good of D i'm playing the cpu will hit almost every shot regardless of player and much im contesting it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #6
MVP

OkayC's Arena

I believe mycareer mode is scripted to some degree whether intentional or not. But the other game modes, not as much.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:19 PM   #7
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah, I'm sure all the games you win must be scripted too, right? But ohhh, we don't count those ones.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #8
Rookie

Sounds like someone ranting about losses, these threads are getting old

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »