Home

How to Overcome so-call "SCRIPTED" Online Comebacks (with video) by Sam Pham

This is a discussion on How to Overcome so-call "SCRIPTED" Online Comebacks (with video) by Sam Pham within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
How to Overcome so-call "SCRIPTED" Online Comebacks (with video) by Sam Pham

The "scripted" discussion has been going back and forth all year for many users; however, it isn't always presented with game play.

In the following video you will see me running a solid swing motion offense for 3 QTRs and building a big lead, then my opponent has a "comeback" even though i have been keeping his FG% to about 38% all game.

However it wasn't "SCRIPTED". What really happened was even though I was playing great, there were little negatives adding up on my team throughout the game. For a period of 3 minutes in the 3rd, those negatives outweighed the positives I had been generating. I addressed the negatives too late and had to pay for it for 3 minutes (Opponent had a 9-0 run).

His run against me didn't last too long, because I realize what was going wrong. I called a timeout and made the necessary adjustments; I ended up blowing him away in the 4th.

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 05-05-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to Overcome so-call "SCRIPTED" Online Comebacks (with video) by Sam Pham

What's your record?
Never noticed any comeback script.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:28 AM   #3
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Re: How to Overcome so-call "SCRIPTED" Online Comebacks (with video) by Sam Pham

Can't call a timeout in the rec though. As far as the scripted argument goes, it's not a matter of who screws up the most, it's a matter of who can capitalize when his opponent screws up.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 05-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Very nicely done. Really helps the conversation move past where it was about , and it's new stepchild, momentum cheese.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

While I still think there's something that keeps me from absolutely destroying people, I finally utilized the power of the almighty timeout. It's a killer for stopping people's momentum when they score a few baskets in a row and your team goes cold at the same time. I've won 10 out of my past 11 games online, with my one loss coming to a Warriors cheeser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Very nice illustration! It makes me wonder how much of that "Clutch Factor" is still present in the game. I remember never being able to pull away, or get pulled away from, when it was engaged. But when I turned it off I got more varied games. Everything from blowouts to nail biters. I turned it off for years even though I never officially knew what it was for.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Didn't he still have his starters in the game when you put in your bench players? If your players got tired shouldn't his? So it would be fatigued starters vs cold bench players. Im not sure this proves it doesn't exist.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #8
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis94
What's your record?
Never noticed any comeback script.
I don't know how to access it, but my best guess online H2H i win about 70-80% of the time ? Lost tons beginning of the year because I hadn't played online for like 5 year's. I am playing pretty well lately since I figured out an offense and defense tailored for online play.

I don't believe there's a comeback script either; but there are those that do. That's why I made the video, I want to show that if a user fails to make the right adjustments he will get piled on by runs. On the contrary, if right adjustments are made (like I did in my gameplay) you can stop runs and finish off your opponent for good ^_^

Sam Pham

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »