Home

PHYSICS. PHYSICS. PHYSICS.

This is a discussion on PHYSICS. PHYSICS. PHYSICS. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #41
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PHYSICS. PHYSICS. PHYSICS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
the animation where the players flop/get knocked over/ran over animation, annoys me to no end.

not only it makes no sense when you factor in strength and weight most of the time but there is no kind of offensive or blocking foul call or any kind of acknowledgement that my player just got ran over.

definitely one of the worst sequences in the game and it constantly happens
Yep, constantly happens in the Park.

Guy spams turbo past defender number 1, defender 2 steps up as the offensive player begins his gather and gets knocked over, defender 3 tries to contest dunk and gets sucked into a poster.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #42
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yep, constantly happens in the Park.

Guy spams turbo past defender number 1, defender 2 steps up as the offensive player begins his gather and gets knocked over, defender 3 tries to contest dunk and gets sucked into a poster.
Now this is a perfect example because I'm usually pg so I'm first defender. I'm running towards him, but he does one single controller input, he holds turbo and left stick. I'm using 4different inputs and can't do anything. I'm holding l2 r2 left sick and right to try and make contact, slow him down. Mash square to try and stop him. Nothing.

People have literally said in park and rec, why dribble? I can literally turbo around in circles all day, no one can defend me and i can dunk on everyone or while turboing i can run in and run out back to the 3 and you'll be stuck in a mix between latency and horrible defensive animations that pull you completely oout of the play.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #43
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
PHYSICS. PHYSICS. PHYSICS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Now this is a perfect example because I'm usually pg so I'm first defender. I'm running towards him, but he does one single controller input, he holds turbo and left stick. I'm using 4different inputs and can't do anything. I'm holding l2 r2 left sick and right to try and make contact, slow him down. Mash square to try and stop him. Nothing.

People have literally said in park and rec, why dribble? I can literally turbo around in circles all day, no one can defend me and i can dunk on everyone or while turboing i can run in and run out back to the 3 and you'll be stuck in a mix between latency and horrible defensive animations that pull you completely oout of the play.

LOL. Very true. Especially if you do not have teammates that know how to play somewhat of a team defense.

I hate when someone is like driving and you're on them, and they instantly go back to the 3pt line and more times than not, you're stuck or your guy is doing some crazy animation. Hate the one where they act like they touch the ground to recover. IRL, it would be so easy to turn around and go back and defend.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 05-16-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:43 AM   #44
Just started!

If there's gonna be animations in the game, then they have to be refined a lot...
Old 05-17-2015, 07:49 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
LOL. Very true. Especially if you do not have teammates that know how to play somewhat of a team defense.

I hate when someone is like driving and you're on them, and they instantly go back to the 3pt line and more times than not, you're stuck or your guy is doing some crazy animation. Hate the one where they act like they touch the ground to recover. IRL, it would be so easy to turn around and go back and defend.
Lol preach man. Your guy lunges all the way in the paint, runs out of bounds or throws his arms up in the air like he can't find the guy lol smh. It's crazy.

It's like there really is not foot planting or anything just a bunch of animations clunked together that are already decided when you start running but on offense the guy can just do whatever with no negative consequence.

There's actually a better chance at stopping the guy if you just use the right stick. Like you MAY bump them or slow them down but if you don't connect it's a 3 pointer EVERY time. No collision detection whatsoever. If I put my arm out something should happen. I should be able to see/hear my arm slap the guys arm. Or him react or something. I hope this gets fixed for 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »