Home

substitutions on the fly?

This is a discussion on substitutions on the fly? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #9
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
substitutions on the fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Not arguing that AT ALL, because I agree 100%. I've posted at least 4-5 times about how they should bring it back in wish list threads, etc.

But this is the closest thing I've seen to knowing your players fatigue level without timeouts, etc.

But again, I couldn't agree with you more, I also think they should display the fouls that your player has in that screen as well. Like they used to. Silly.

I'm not arguing with you either. I know you agree, but I was just stating why I would need more than that meter.

Sorry if it came off the wrong way. And you're right, that also should be there.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #10
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: substitutions on the fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So how do I confirm changes? Say I am the cavs and I press down and go sub Tristan Thompson for Kevin Love. Do I have to press a button to confirm? I've made multiple subs before and the game doesn't actually perform the substitution at the next foul or free throw. Am I missing something?
Also, as an aside, if your player is shooting free throws, not only will he not be subbed out, obviously. But the substition will be reset in the quick menu, so you'll have to make that sub again.

And I haven't quite figured it out, but there are some instances that players won't sub at all during a dead ball situation. I just chalk it up to a weird glitch, but as a manual subber it probably happens once per game for me.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 05-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #11
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I'm not arguing with you either. I know you agree, but I was just stating why I would need more than that meter.

Sorry if it came off the wrong way. And you're right, that also should be there.
You didn't come off the wrong way at all my man. I just wanted to provide more clarity on my post.

Now if you do wanna argue about something, we can talk about the thrashing those Cavs are about to get from my boys this series...

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #12
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
You didn't come off the wrong way at all my man. I just wanted to provide more clarity on my post.

Now if you do wanna argue about something, we can talk about the thrashing those Cavs are about to get from my boys this series...

Oh. I wouldn't argue about that. I am rooting for the Bulls to win it all. Cleveland is the last team I would want to win the championship, followed by the Clippers. So we have nothing to argue about lol.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Old 05-04-2015, 04:37 PM   #13
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Oh. I wouldn't argue about that. I am rooting for the Bulls to win it all. Cleveland is the last team I would want to win the championship, followed by the Clippers. So we have nothing to argue about lol.
What's with the Cleveland hating? Just want to see a down on its luck sports town never see a title or do you have more personal motivation? I can appreciate the Bulls fan wishing a thrashing upon the cavs but wondering why the hate if you don't have a dog in this fight.

Personally I tend to root against teams that are always in the finals over and over and root for teams that are making first runs. I guess I like the underdog story. Not that the cavs are underdogs but the city as a whole is so overdue for something good sports wise it feels like it.

It feels like it's the cavs versus a cleveland curse as much as cavs versus other nba teams.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #14
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
What's with the Cleveland hating? Just want to see a down on its luck sports town never see a title or do you have more personal motivation? I can appreciate the Bulls fan wishing a thrashing upon the cavs but wondering why the hate if you don't have a dog in this fight.

Personally I tend to root against teams that are always in the finals over and over and root for teams that are making first runs. I guess I like the underdog story. Not that the cavs are underdogs but the city as a whole is so overdue for something good sports wise it feels like it.

It feels like it's the cavs versus a cleveland curse as much as cavs versus other nba teams.

Personal motivation. Don't dislike the Cavs organization or the town. Can careless about those things. I also can careless if they ever win a ring to be honest or how down on their luck they are.

If my team isn't in it, I have certain teams id like to see win and ones I don't. Cavs is one I would love to see lose. And the Clippers second. Both for personal motivation. Any other team, I don't mind winning it, but would love to see the Bulls do it.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »