Home

substitutions on the fly?

This is a discussion on substitutions on the fly? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I sub on the fly without calling a timeout? I have fumbled around and set my team to sub in players (during gameplay) but then the next foul or free throw I hear the horn but nothing happens.

Can anyone enlighten me? I seem to run out of timeouts at crunch time since I spent them earlier when in real life many of the subs come during stoppages due to fouls and other things.

Thanks for any help. Detailed responses would be preferred if possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 04:54 AM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: substitutions on the fly?

You hit down on the dpad to bring up substitutions on the fly.

To add, when doing that, I believe they should also show the fatigue like they used to. I hate when little things like that and being able to see how many points players scored on the court gets taken out for no good reason.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-04-2015, 07:40 AM   #3
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
To add, when doing that, I believe they should also show the fatigue like they used to. I hate when little things like that and being able to see how many points players scored on the court gets taken out for no good reason.
Agreed 100%. The only reason that they didn't include this that I can think of is to use more timeouts. But even then, we can look in the pause menu for fatigue without having to call a TO.

Such a small detail but annoying nonetheless
Old 05-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #4
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
You hit down on the dpad to bring up substitutions on the fly.

You know, I always thought it was stupid that they removed that as well, until I realized that the players have a fatigue meter on them. That helps a bit.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 05-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
You know, I always thought it was stupid that they removed that as well, until I realized that the players have a fatigue meter on them. That helps a bit.

Yes, they do. But I think it's a lot better seeing the bar like it is when it's a timeout called. Also, you only see the fatigue meter thing on the player with the ball. When coming up the court with my PG, I should not have to pass the ball to a player to see how tired they are.

Also, I like to make subs while my opponent is shooting FTs, dead ball situations and etc. It would be nice to be able to see who is tired and need to be subbed instead of trying to remember everyone's fatigue meter. It's something that was uneccesarily removed.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Yes, they do. But I think it's a lot better seeing the bar like it is when it's a timeout called. Also, you only see the fatigue meter thing on the player with the ball. When coming up the court with my PG, I should not have to pass the ball to a player to see how tired they are.

Also, I like to make subs while my opponent is shooting FTs, dead ball situations and etc. It would be nice to be able to see who is tired and need to be subbed instead of trying to remember everyone's fatigue meter. It's something that was uneccesarily removed.
So how do I confirm changes? Say I am the cavs and I press down and go sub Tristan Thompson for Kevin Love. Do I have to press a button to confirm? I've made multiple subs before and the game doesn't actually perform the substitution at the next foul or free throw. Am I missing something?
Old 05-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #7
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So how do I confirm changes? Say I am the cavs and I press down and go sub Tristan Thompson for Kevin Love. Do I have to press a button to confirm? I've made multiple subs before and the game doesn't actually perform the substitution at the next foul or free throw. Am I missing something?

Once you're down making your lineup changes on the fly, just simply press "B" for Xbox or O for PS4? Just basically back out of it and that's basically confirming it. Next dead ball, they should come in.

If you have your subs to be controlled by the CPU, they'll sub in and out players on their own if you don't mess with the subs.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Old 05-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #8
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Not arguing that AT ALL, because I agree 100%. I've posted at least 4-5 times about how they should bring it back in wish list threads, etc.

But this is the closest thing I've seen to knowing your players fatigue level without timeouts, etc.

But again, I couldn't agree with you more, I also think they should display the fouls that your player has in that screen as well. Like they used to. Silly.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »