Home

Sim Engine Problems

This is a discussion on Sim Engine Problems within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3
Sim Engine Problems

With no Playoff mode, using multiple rosters where my Wiz should make the Playoffs(made edits to rosters to at least have all 16 playoff teams) In over 25 attempts they never make the Postseason. Its mind-boggling why there is no Playoff mode and this sim engine doesn't help the matter. BTW, on all of the rosters I have tried the Wizards are rated at least an 82 & as high as a 90. Tried everything no injuries, no fatigue(an older team-other than Wall, Beal, Porter & Seraphin). One example the Knicks & Sixers make the playoffs without their better players.

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sim Engine Problems

Yeah this year's sim engine is not favorable to the Wizards.

In mycareer and myleague I always see them at the bottom of the east, even though they are one of the four best teams in the east.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

The coaching may affect their results - honestly if you don't care about realistic coaches that much given theres isn't much to keep them realistic (ie: real life FA coaches) then fire Wittman and hire a stronger coach. Could make them better.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:27 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

If it is myleague and you are setting the Wizards as the user team you can try bringing the simluation difficulty down a few notches.

Running as a PG for the Magic in mycareer the Wizards finished in last place in the east lol.

I simmed year 1 in my GM (as the wizards) and they made it in as the 8th seed. This was with Gortat tearing his ACL and out for the season, Nene dislocating his patella-something and being out for 2.5 months, and Seraphin missing the last 2 weeks and playoffs due to injury. Not surprisingly they got swept in the 1st round by the Bulls.

One other thing -- this also depends on whether or not the Wizards are the user team -- you have to babysit the rotations. I don't know if this happens with other teams (I only ever use the Wizards) but they run some curious rotations if the coach is allowed free reign. I don't know how coach Wittman manages to give Wall 35 minutes, Beal 35, Sessions 25, Temple 24, and Bynum 16. Then again I am not even sure how much that factors into the sim engine.

Hell one time I was simming and Bradley wanted a chat. I figured it was once again about training intensity (dude really loves practice), but it was about his role. He felt he should be a starter. I was like wtf? and checked the rotations and yep...he was on the bench with 24 minutes. So maybe try to lower the lineup performance factor under coach settings?
Old 05-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

The Wizards. NEVER make the playoffs, and I have no idea why...no idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »