Home

NBA 2K16: Some Ideas On How to Improve the Series

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Some Ideas On How to Improve the Series within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #57
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Some Ideas On How to Improve the Series

i would love to play sixth man in whole of my mycareer that is what i want to do. sixth man of the year. being a starter and playing 45mpg is ridicilious. one more thing to add: stop that 4th quarter ridiciolussness like the opposing team hitting everything
Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #58
Rookie

Here is another idea.. The game comes out in October.. How about some new game play comments in Janruary with an update. So a game play in Janruary would get some added commentary during the game. That way the game stays fresh with commentary.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyder336
Here is another idea.. The game comes out in October.. How about some new game play comments in Janruary with an update. So a game play in Janruary would get some added commentary during the game. That way the game stays fresh with commentary.
You know hard something like that would be? That requires trying to bring in someone for at least a couple of days or weeks. And the guys that they are using for commentary are working national games. And don't have that much time to spend to updating commentary in a video game.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #60
Rookie

woshihuxingtan's Arena

come on, the priority is to fix the movement lag and input delay in all online modes!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
This is my number 1 want.
I promise if 2k and EA could put there differences aside let 2k do the game development and use EA servers we would be golden
Wishful thinking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #62
Just started!

dante.holder's Arena

Make the MyCareer cut scenes for last gen too.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:59 PM   #63
Rookie

woshihuxingtan's Arena

Thumbs up Re: NBA 2K16: Some Ideas On How to Improve the Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
I've always said, a huge "skip" factor is a broadcast that doesn't feel real. I can't stand Madden floating between the NFL channel and a quasi-CBS broadcast overlay/feel.

nba live has been super subpar but dang if I don't love the look and presentation of the dang game. FIFA 15 did it with the EPL, I'm a huge Real Madrid fan but both of my manager and player careers have been EPL because of the presentation package.

NCAA basketball and football were great to get that saturday feel with the full ESPN feel. throw in when basketball had both the ESPN AND CBS packages and broadcast views.

2k has great flowing commentary but it doesn't feel like a single broadcast I've watched. it feels like it is trying to find a medium between a few different ones. out. same with Madden, especially since you have the known NFC vs AFC coverage, nothing breaks my "reality" like playing Cowboys vs Bears on a sunday and it is this sorta-CBS broadcast. I'd even take Nantz and Simms but with a "fake" Fox style broadcast overlay if Madden stil refuses to bring in another broadcast crew to compliment Nantz/Simms not replace them. why not have a "Fox" and "CBS" style overlay, have the silly Fox Robot doing the game intro for Cowboys vs Redskins rather than this current strange intro that tells me its going to be an exciting matchup between two TEs today!

same for 2k, go TNT completely. get Chuck and Kenny, get the TNT overlays, get the whole NBA on TNT feel with pre-game, half-time, menu-"talking segments". that would bring it back to the real game feel.
Can't agree more!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #64
Rookie

woshihuxingtan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I agree with these things but you missed some critical elements. Yes everyone will gripe about what you said buy:

1: defensive sliding. Enough said.

2: online lag. Enough said.

I won't nitpick outside of that. Yes it's frustrating that could are called at random in the post... But with the lag and defensive sliding playing d online, in the park, or even offline, is extremely difficult.. It's not just hard to PLAY defense, but to even move where you want to move.. That, random fouls and online lag are by far the biggest problems...

Crowd atmosphere is huge too. One category Live dod GREAT in this year. ( no live debates please)
That's the point! That's should be priority!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »