Home

Please Don't End 2k15 Like this

This is a discussion on Please Don't End 2k15 Like this within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #41
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please Don't End 2k15 Like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandmanan
I don't think the problem is the % game.

People cheese as a tactic when the battleground is fair play - the object is to win. I think the way these tactics are used should be fixed. As the previous poster said, moving screens. Now this is a profitable tactic to use online to up your rating and thus increase your over all gameplay.

Make only planted screens work? Any other suggestions would be nice.

Next, the zig zag maneuver. This is in my experience is tied to athletics and movement speed. I think personally that the entire defensive foot placement animation system needs an overhaul and improvement, it feels unfinished or just improper and "floaty".

I feel the systems to play the game and to master it are sound but yet the reaction the player receives and is experiencing is more broken than anything. I feel this is due to animation response or lack there of, for instance the crowds are great, but they look like they are from a 2K10.
Moving screens need to just be an offensive foul, don't know how they ever missed that one.

To me the easiest solution to holding screens in the paint for cheap boards is to have a second or so limit you can hold a screen..and have the boxout button override the screen animation.

I agree on the defense needing to be redone. You're so much slower on defense than a player on offense. Dribbling animations literally throw you past a defender with speed boosts, not to mention how slow it is to move side to side on d...so even if you react to a zig zaggy cheese dribble you're not getting a hand up to defend...

And if they have deadeye as well? Not a chance.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #42
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
This is the never ending cycle. People want tougher shots to miss more, but would then argue over what is a tough shot. People expect superstars to dominate, then forget that every player in Park and Rec are rated superstars. If you want this addressed, something has to give. It's easy to complain about a limited number of aspects of the game in a particular context. Take a look at the WHOLE game. If you ask me, all this goes away of you make it HARD to get a 90 rated player. There needs to be more of a class system.
I have been saying this forever! either that hell even stop letting people get to a 90. 95 n up needs to be thrown out the window stop allowing people to think they all superstars... this 2k has people thinking they are better than Jordan (in video game terms they are) and its just crazy to me lol.. They will just come down court and throw up a contented 3 and hit like they are Curry lol and to be honest I'm not even mad at people for playing this style of basketball(if thats what you want to call it) because 2k allows it Im also sure 2k didnt plan for any of this to be in the game so im not mad at them either but now they know its there they need to fix it because they know all this stuff is a issue and ruining the game.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Question for everyone now is how we can change things..

Shouldn't be too much too ask for ONE MORE PATCH!

How can we go about reaching out to developers for tweaking?
Old 05-16-2015, 08:06 PM   #44
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccc
Question for everyone now is how we can change things..

Shouldn't be too much too ask for ONE MORE PATCH!

How can we go about reaching out to developers for tweaking?
Some one is going to come in and say that we're not supposed to make threads intended for the developers but a petition is the only thing i can think of that may carry weight because i know at least ld2k and beluba post Here
Old 05-18-2015, 01:13 AM   #45
Just started!

This game took a big step back for me because of this, it's nearly unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 09:57 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
I'm not convinced the AI knows how to properly defend with the global ratings changes (e.g. a 72 rated 3 pt shooter seemed to be sagged off a bit much), so I wish they would "fix" the shooting so that the global ratings edits aren't needed.
Agree on this so much. I sometimes find myself having better success with those type of shooters because of the sagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonjgbong
This game took a big step back for me because of this, it's nearly unplayable.
Agreed. I usually play NBA 2K a lot more than I'm currently playing, because when I get the urge to play little MyGM, MyLeague or MyPark I'm dissuaded by the state of sim stats and online play.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic
Old 05-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry for bumping but an idea for a quick fix for the Rec Center.

First of all what difficulty and setting is the Rec/Park ?

I feel as if its superstar/default

What would the game be if it was hof/sim?
Old 05-27-2015, 11:56 PM   #48
Just started!

This game took a big step back for me because of this, it's nearly unplayable

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »