Home

MyPARK is RIDICULOUS

This is a discussion on MyPARK is RIDICULOUS within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: MyPARK is RIDICULOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I never really understood the rationale to this suggestion. Can you please tell me how this helps or rebalances the Park? All you're doing is speeding up a 15 or 21 point game. It doesn't change the points scored quotient. I'm very curious what people think this solves.

My counter to 2/3 is, pick up basketball has always been 1's & 2's. Or even just 1's. 2/3 is 21 tip rules. The only way 2/3 would make any change would be win by 2. You could be down by 1 and win with a 3. Or if it's a tie you can make any shot and win.
Huh?

Scoring by 1s and 2s means a "three" is worth double that of a layup...or is 100% more valuable.

Scoring by 2s and 3s mean a three is only 33% more valuable.

....I think i said that right lol
Old 05-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #10
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

OVR: 0

The rationale is that 3 Pts are only 1.5 times 2, whereas 2 Pts are 2x 1. Mathematically it reduces the impact on the game for someone hitting a long range shot.

Why do you think 3-pointers aren't worth 4 points in the NBA..

And your "pick up games have always been 1s & 2s" argument isn't any more convincing. Just because something has been done the same way before doesn't mean it's the best way to continue doing it.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 05-19-2015, 11:10 AM   #11
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I never really understood the rationale to this suggestion. Can you please tell me how this helps or rebalances the Park? All you're doing is speeding up a 15 or 21 point game. It doesn't change the points scored quotient. I'm very curious what people think this solves.

My counter to 2/3 is, pick up basketball has always been 1's & 2's. Or even just 1's. 2/3 is 21 tip rules. The only way 2/3 would make any change would be win by 2. You could be down by 1 and win with a 3. Or if it's a tie you can make any shot and win.
Right now someone who shoots 2 3s gets 4 points. You need 4 2s to catch up. With a 2/3 system someone shooting 2 3s gets 6 points and you'd need only 3 2s to catch up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #12
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

I like the 2's & 3's arguments I'm hearing. I don't find it as applicable in 2K. Reason being is that Park is mainly a 3 point shootout. Plain & simple, unless something changes with shooting % and users aren't hitting 3's at an alarming rate you're still stuck playing a similar game like you are now.

And for pick up games always being 1's & 2's, why can't we hold onto something that seems a little like real life?

Thanks to everyone for your views on scoring. Very helpful.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #13
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Yeah but Park was a lot more fun earlier on, when a squad could go on win streaks making passes and throwin alley oops. Now even the best team can lose to anyone because some dude zig zags for a while and jacks up a three, and then does it again, and then again. It's like the stage but not quite as bad
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 05-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #14
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
Yeah but Park was a lot more fun earlier on, when a squad could go on win streaks making passes and throwin alley oops. Now even the best team can lose to anyone because some dude zig zags for a while and jacks up a three, and then does it again, and then again. It's like the stage but not quite as bad
I'm not directing this at you so don't take it that way lol but I made a post a while ago talking about this and the opposition on it was that you gotta play better D to combat the zig zag.

I like how for a while now people been saying how crazy it's gotten and no one's really arguing against it, so maybe now 2K can listen up and figure out their stuff because defense really desperately needs an upgrade.

For offensive garbage like that to be so OP is disrespectful to basketball. It makes me angry to see teams of 3 coming to get next when I'm on a streak and beat me doing that and moving screens all game...
Like congratulations your win means nothing to me.

I really have no desire to sit and play more than like 5 games because at least one guy on every team does it...sucks the fun out of the whole experience. Why go online and try and play good d and move the ball around when it's more viable to spam stepbacks and the steal button? Corny.

-Allen Iverson
Old 05-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #15
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Man I can barely get through 1 game with that cheese now
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 12:25 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I'm not directing this at you so don't take it that way lol but I made a post a while ago talking about this and the opposition on it was that you gotta play better D to combat the zig zag.

I like how for a while now people been saying how crazy it's gotten and no one's really arguing against it, so maybe now 2K can listen up and figure out their stuff because defense really desperately needs an upgrade.

For offensive garbage like that to be so OP is disrespectful to basketball. It makes me angry to see teams of 3 coming to get next when I'm on a streak and beat me doing that and moving screens all game...
Like congratulations your win means nothing to me.

I really have no desire to sit and play more than like 5 games because at least one guy on every team does it...sucks the fun out of the whole experience. Why go online and try and play good d and move the ball around when it's more viable to spam stepbacks and the steal button? Corny.
Agreed, now that I think about it since 2k11 most years have seen sort of changes or improvements to dribble moves,sizeups,etc.

In the same time frame, what has really been changed or improved on defense? Defensive shading and that's about it.

How long have we been stuck with that lame side step shuffling animation that can make defense difficult enough against the cpu offline, even more so online with the additional issues latency and infinite turbo bring to the table?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »