Home

Using Glitches for "Good"

This is a discussion on Using Glitches for "Good" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Using Glitches for "Good"

So if you guys didn't know, there's a glitch that 2K attempted to fix (obviously didn't) that allows you to change your sliders and minutes played in My Career.

Now I'm not gonna say how to do it because there's a hundred on Youtube explaining how, and most likely if you play My Career you know about it.

To me, My Career is too easy to dominate. Hall of Fame/Sim I'm still getting a triple double with 50 points because my team uses me like I'm the only guy there. I even went to the Cavs just to see if having a "Big 4" would change things....nope.
I tried every difficulty setting, tried playing a secondary role, it still seems to come down to me having to dominate to get wins. Especially once I get my overall higher, and my minutes start going up.

So, I thought about the glitch...why use it to be cheap and get easy VC that I really don't need..
So I made a new MyCareer, and did the glitch changing the sliders to make it more realistic.

Let me say, the game plays a lot better now. It's a lot more of a challenge to shut the other team down, and a lot harder for me to "take over" a game.

I really wish they'd let us change sliders ourselves because honestly even in these past couple days of me changing it, it's been lightyears better.
Obviously they don't want people abusing the sliders and putting everyone's stats down so the user can just cheese VC and badges....but, well, it's happening anyway.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Using Glitches for "Good"

Yeah, people who wanted their own sliders, and a more 'realistic' experience, there ya go. But I don't see 2k allowing custom sliders in 2k16, or future games, for the reasons you stated. It'd just be too easy to get/farm VC to get 99 overall and badges quicker.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea8vity
Yeah, people who wanted their own sliders, and a more 'realistic' experience, there ya go. But I don't see 2k allowing custom sliders in 2k16, or future games, for the reasons you stated. It'd just be too easy to get/farm VC to get 99 overall and badges quicker.
Or maybe make it where you can only move a slider up or down 5 to 10 points? I mean you can get some nice changes in gameplay tweaking sliders just a little...maybe that's a solution.

But I think it's easier for 2K just to overlook that.

-Allen Iverson
Old 05-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Or maybe make it where you can only move a slider up or down 5 to 10 points? I mean you can get some nice changes in gameplay tweaking sliders just a little...maybe that's a solution.

But I think it's easier for 2K just to overlook that.
True, that is a good idea, but yes, knowing 2k they will probably overlook it.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 33

I would prefer they rather separate the my career from the online modes.

That way, one could have editable sliders, custom rosters, 1-30 team control, whatever custom experience within the my career mode for offline players.

Those that want an online experience, they can earn their badges, attributes, etc for what they do on the online court.

Offline and online should be threated separatedly, this would prevent the bandaid fix that affects one while ailing the other, as they have done with the latest roster update (mid, 3pt global edits).

Unless they make a genuine case to back up such current approach, like doing an integrated my career mode, were you compete vs other my players for draft position and once in the league, you have rival games vs other users, you can choose to form a big three or whatever the like ... if not, I would go with the separate approach.

In regards of your OP, I support your doing, If I knew how to, I would do that too ... not to make it more difficult (as my skills aint that good) but to make it more realistic in some areas.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 05-11-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #6
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Another example of "online experience" ruining (or in this case completely eliminating) simulation gameplay experience. Are sliders in Mycareer a good idea? Of course it is, but 2K is too worried about people putting sliders at 100 and farming the mode for VC. Luckily this has been an option on PC for a while now.

I actually play my Mycareer offline on PC because it doesn't use the VC system, and with CE and things like the chinese trainer you can use things like headbands, compression pants, and etc...

I support this "glitch" 100%...#SimNation
Old 05-11-2015, 08:12 PM   #7
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
I would prefer they rather separate the my career from the online modes.

In regards of your OP, I support your doing, If I knew how to, I would do that too ... not to make it more difficult (as my skills aint that good) but to make it more realistic in some areas.
Back in 2K11 and 10 you had skill points that you got ONLY by playing my player. I liked it so much better that way.

I always thought it would be cool to have a connected career mode similar to Madden but I don't know if it'll ever happen (they keep going more and more story driven).

And it's actually easy to do, if you look up a tutorial on youtube it takes about 10 minutes and it's pretty hard to screw up.

-Allen Iverson
Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 PM   #8
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

They should take a page out of MLB The Show's book and make it both. You get "training points" by playing the games to upgrade your player. You can also buy stubs (in this case it would be VC) to upgrade your attributes.

MLB The Show lets you use custom sliders in the career mode. Seems like a win-win to me, and this MyCareer mode without sliders is pretty bad.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »