Home

for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures inc.)

This is a discussion on for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures inc.) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2015, 02:01 AM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures inc.)

in advance, i wont be complaining about animations (Except for one at the end) so if you were expecting this. sorry. instead i will be talking about how 2k seems to removed the ability to make our players they way we want them to be made.

1) GIVE US BACK FULL CONTROL OF OUR SKILLS

example, we cant have a guy who is fast but cant dunk due to how the stats are bundled together. or a guy who can only shoot mid rangers but cant hit 3s. since both stats are now tied together.

come on now 2k. let us make our players how we want to make them. this bundle mess really messed my guy up since i like to make my guy like me. but its like on 2k15 they want you to be the GOAT.so you really cant do that. in the way you want to. (depending on how real you trying to be)

2k14 stat Editing

2k15 Stat editing

see in 2k14 you can tweak what ever stat you wanted the way you felt fit. without hurting or boosting others. but in 15, you wana boost 1?well you have to boost 4 more with it. go back to 2k14 way.

2) GIVE US A SHOOTING FORM

in all the 2ks before 15 (dating to 11 IIRC) you have been always able to pick a "form" well i guess something happened on 15 cause now thats gone

thats all we get along with the timing setting. where did it go? why do i have to use a form i HATE. this is also why people seem to have a hard time finding good decent online shots. its so sad to see that i cant createmy own dream shot like i have been able to the past 4 years.

2k14 version

WHERE IS IT? well at least we know its still in the game , just not in my career for some odd reason

Give us back the power to make our own perfect shot.

3) CELEBRATIONS

this is just a in general thing. but can we tone down the celebrations? its funny seeing a guy like kawaii. or Joe Johnson get hyped up and start acting like a showboat attention whoring hype machine. knowing this would hardly ever happen in real life. its even worse when you have no control over your guys while hes doing this and the other team scores.

thats it . lets see what the community thinks

Last edited by Ownal0t; 05-16-2015 at 02:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 02:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures i

Agreed on all accounts. Especially point 1. The "bundle a ton of skills in one category" is insanely stupid.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:24 AM   #3
MVP

Re: for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures i

This is something that bugs me as well...for example if i make a 5'7" shooting/slashing PG,I want him to have nice layups but why would I want to waste time increasing his post hook shot?

On the other end if I make a 7'3" post threat, should i really be forced to invest in moving 3pt shot just because i want to get his free throws up?

The celebrations thing is odd as well; most times I want my player's personality to be close to "the machine",not "flex and boast because he hit a dunk". At least let us select our own celebrations so i can choose something more appropriate,or even completely unequip them.

All in all I feel like this is a good example of the biggest overall flaw in 2k15's design; it tends to take choices and control away from the player instead of giving them more choice, more freedom.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

100% agree.

If you want to make a 5'11 point guard and give him 99 speed you're also getting a 99 dunk with it....
even better, you don't equip any dunk packages and he'll still dunk lol.

^Love the point about getting a big man's free throws up and adding 3 point shooting to his repertoire; almost like 2K's encouraging you to be an all around cheeser.

I think my favorite thing is defense. I actually have trouble backing down guards with my big man online because everyone maxes their D. Meaning they get post defense stats for no reason as a point or shooting guard.

I see where 2K was trying to go, so there wasn't as many 99's online. But realistically it just doesn't work. Now everyone's the same generic player. Everyone can shoot 3's, dunk the ball, and dribble. Everyone.
And it's not like people aren't just 91, 92, 93 overall anyway. You can max your guy out with VC off the bat and easily still compete with a 99 online.

Shot forms were a big one for me too. I always played with them till I found the perfect one and seeing them be removed and forcing me to pick a set one messed my shooting up a lot.

-Allen Iverson
Old 05-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #5
MVP

Exactly man, it's like they wanted everyone to be a "do it all" guy like Jordan or Lebron. Now every big man can play like Iverson, and small guards that can play like Ewing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
MVP

Oh,one other thing I forgot...no matter what height wieght you make your guy he is pretty much always willowy thin like George Gervin.

In 2k11 you could make all kinds of body types...skinny guys, average guys, guys that looked like bodybuilders and even fat guys; please bring that option back.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:38 AM   #7
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
This is something that bugs me as well...for example if i make a 5'7" shooting/slashing PG,I want him to have nice layups but why would I want to waste time increasing his post hook shot?

On the other end if I make a 7'3" post threat, should i really be forced to invest in moving 3pt shot just because i want to get his free throws up?

The celebrations thing is odd as well; most times I want my player's personality to be close to "the machine",not "flex and boast because he hit a dunk". At least let us select our own celebrations so i can choose something more appropriate,or even completely unequip them.

All in all I feel like this is a good example of the biggest overall flaw in 2k15's design; it tends to take choices and control away from the player instead of giving them more choice, more freedom.

exactly. like lots of point less stats (to a player) will be boosted just cause and will be causing the birth of guys who can literally solo the dream team of 92. like in 2k games my main person is never really higher than a 85-87 rating. but in 2k15 hes a 91. that alone made me see there was a problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
100% agree.

If you want to make a 5'11 point guard and give him 99 speed you're also getting a 99 dunk with it....
even better, you don't equip any dunk packages and he'll still dunk lol.

^Love the point about getting a big man's free throws up and adding 3 point shooting to his repertoire; almost like 2K's encouraging you to be an all around cheeser.

I think my favorite thing is defense. I actually have trouble backing down guards with my big man online because everyone maxes their D. Meaning they get post defense stats for no reason as a point or shooting guard.

I see where 2K was trying to go, so there wasn't as many 99's online. But realistically it just doesn't work. Now everyone's the same generic player. Everyone can shoot 3's, dunk the ball, and dribble. Everyone.
And it's not like people aren't just 91, 92, 93 overall anyway. You can max your guy out with VC off the bat and easily still compete with a 99 online.

Shot forms were a big one for me too. I always played with them till I found the perfect one and seeing them be removed and forcing me to pick a set one messed my shooting up a lot.

the thing about dunking is a EXCELLENT POINT. i dont want my guy to dunk cause i know its going to be something bad or stupid. (like when 2k force me to catch alleys from the 3pt line) and i just get mad when i get punished for doing a stupid dunk I DIDNT TELL HIM TO DO CAUSE HE SHOUDLNT HAVE THE ABILITY TO

and the post play stuff that so a fine point. i cant belive i missed that. but the whole rating system is the reason why this game and its commnity gets with with murder it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthemajin
Agreed on all accounts. Especially point 1. The "bundle a ton of skills in one category" is insanely stupid.

i really dont know who thought this would be a good idea <_<.

but im glad the community is with me on this. lets hope 2k sees this and takes our views seriously.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #8
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

This thread needs to get more acknowledgement than it's getting. We are currently under an umbrella system that, for the most part, lumps categories together that would be better suited as stand alone.

I want to see the MyPlayers become more individualized as well as a tweak in the badge system. I liked the old system that allowed you only a handful of badges equipped at a time. I currently have 'Brick Wall' on my SG. It's equipped because nothing says I can't have it there. If my badge assignment was smaller would I keep brick wall or equip something more useful like Dimer?

I like the current system of unlocking badges throughout the season. My fear is that 2K made the system this way because they thought people would stop playing MyCareer once they got the 5 or so badges they wanted to utilize most.

The best part about this thread is how it will create a unique MyPlayer for every user. No 2 players would be the same. No Army of 7' SF clones dropping 30 footers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »