Home

HOF Sim difficulty, shooting

This is a discussion on HOF Sim difficulty, shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
Rookie

Hehmke22's Arena

OVR: 2
HOF Sim difficulty, shooting

Have been on 2k for 15 years at this point. Skipped 2k13 and 2k14, but picked up an X1 and 2k15 and started on HOF Sim like I had been on 2k11 and 2k12.

I am just not sure what is happening, I feel like I am hitting way too many threes and just winning too many games. On 2k12 I literally had to grind out every win, hit perfect releases and get to free throw line 30x a game to get a win. The wins were satisfying, if not frustrating at some times. I think the CPU AI did a lot more cheese than in 2k15, maybe thats why I am having an easier time, idk though.

Sorry, I do not have better point of reference since I skipped last two, but does anyone feel like HOF sim or game in general is too easy?

I am tempted to go back to 2k12 and just keep playing through my season and shelve 2k15. I love game, graphics are amazing, and passing is improved, but I am at a point were I don't like seeing D. Lillard hit 12 threes a game while Wes Matthews makes over 60%. I am beating teams that I probably shouldn't, and I do not like how many perfect releases I am seeing.

TLDR: IS 2k15 HOF difficulty easier than years past?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HOF Sim difficulty, shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehmke22
Have been on 2k for 15 years at this point. Skipped 2k13 and 2k14, but picked up an X1 and 2k15 and started on HOF Sim like I had been on 2k11 and 2k12.

I am just not sure what is happening, I feel like I am hitting way too many threes and just winning too many games. On 2k12 I literally had to grind out every win, hit perfect releases and get to free throw line 30x a game to get a win. The wins were satisfying, if not frustrating at some times. I think the CPU AI did a lot more cheese than in 2k15, maybe thats why I am having an easier time, idk though.

Sorry, I do not have better point of reference since I skipped last two, but does anyone feel like HOF sim or game in general is too easy?

I am tempted to go back to 2k12 and just keep playing through my season and shelve 2k15. I love game, graphics are amazing, and passing is improved, but I am at a point were I don't like seeing D. Lillard hit 12 threes a game while Wes Matthews makes over 60%. I am beating teams that I probably shouldn't, and I do not like how many perfect releases I am seeing.

TLDR: IS 2k15 HOF difficulty easier than years past?
Hof Sim is a joke offline and online with the easy shooting and contact layup success. Green 99% make releases makes it even worse. The game is a joke period and shooting on higher difficulties took more knowledge of hot/cold spots and shot ratings /releases before this last patch.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Hehmke22's Arena

Good point, I remember I could not hit some shots on 2k12 unless I was in hot zone or had good spacing. I am glad I am not the only this one this is affecting. Before the patch I think shooting was more difficult but releases were messed up. Now releases are smoother and I am hitting threes even when I miss release by a mile. It makes me kind of sad I guess, i really wanted HOF sim to be more difficult so I could play through summer and even longer.

I remember when I cranked 2k12 up to HOF sim I didn't win a game for 6 months probably. I literally played 2k12 for 3 years after that and was still not mastering it like this one. I won my first HOF sim game on 2k15 within a week I think. I wish I could have 2k15 graphics with 2k11 gameplay, lol.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Welcome to patch 4?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Hehmke22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Welcome to patch 4?
I think that is one part of the reason HOF Sim is easier now. Maybe HOF cpu cheated way too much is the reason i didn't win as much on 2k11 and 2k12. I think the 2k15 AI is very realistic and does not used speed tricks or up and under cheese moves as much as 2k12 was using.

I am still really enjoying the game and it is by no means unplayable. I think NBA 2k12 had release points perfect and it took awhile to get used to everyone, but once you learned them it was very rewarding hitting a shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »