Home

Backing up dynasty (MyLeague)

This is a discussion on Backing up dynasty (MyLeague) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Backing up dynasty (MyLeague)

I started a MyLeague last night with a fantasy draft. I sim the season and play the playoffs. First year, I finish 10th place. Make some moves in FA and draft and ready to start season 2. I really like this team and want to start with this each time. Is there a way to save this file manually and be able to load this whenever I want to? What I mean is I want to sim a few season with this team and if I don't like where it's heading, I can restart where I am at currently at the beginning of season 2. With the auto-save, it doesn't seem like I can find a way to do this. Is anyone aware of a way to do this?

Did that make sense?

By the way, my starting 5 is this. Salary cap is on.
Lillard
Wes Matthews
Iguodala (sp?)
Jabari Parker
Greg Monroe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Backing up dynasty (MyLeague)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
I started a MyLeague last night with a fantasy draft. I sim the season and play the playoffs. First year, I finish 10th place. Make some moves in FA and draft and ready to start season 2. I really like this team and want to start with this each time. Is there a way to save this file manually and be able to load this whenever I want to? What I mean is I want to sim a few season with this team and if I don't like where it's heading, I can restart where I am at currently at the beginning of season 2. With the auto-save, it doesn't seem like I can find a way to do this. Is anyone aware of a way to do this?

Did that make sense?

By the way, my starting 5 is this. Salary cap is on.
Lillard
Wes Matthews
Iguodala (sp?)
Jabari Parker
Greg Monroe
It makes perfect sense, and you can't do it.

2K has set up the file control so that you can't save or snapshot a game file, on your own console (locally) or in some cloud service in their server system (or with Sony or Microsoft, for that matter).

I have lost two long term MyLeague files to corruption this way. There's no backup anywhere to restore from, and the only file save mechanism is the autosave. If your file is corrupted in the one file save 2k service, it's gone for good.

So if you want to progress your game file, you have to go with whatever scenarios play out, unfortunately.

A lot of people have brought this up as a sore point with 2k, so we'll see if they make an accommodations with 2k16.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. That's what it was looking like. I haven't been keeping up with the 2k community this year, so I wasn't aware that this has already been discussed. Hopefully they take this into consideration and allow this in the future.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
Rookie

I ended up backing up my dynasty file to USB. I will try re-importing this later to see if I can "go back" to that save.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »