Home

PETITION: No more Got Next.

This is a discussion on PETITION: No more Got Next. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #9
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PETITION: No more Got Next.

Park 5v5 to 15...blind matchmaking like in NBA 2K11. Boom!
Old 05-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #10
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
People can have bad opinions, and that is a pure example of it.

In your perfect world, you can sit on the squad spots for three straight quarters because you're 'patient', then the winning side jumps off after the game. Now you've wasted all that time waiting only to wait even LONGER for another game to finish OR staying where you are and hoping others jump on. That is, if some Rookie/Pro 1 doesn't jump on and refuse to move, knowing others don't want to jump on and play with him.

The 'squad spots' on each side still doesn't solve the problem of the spots barely working whatsoever. Or I take it you've never dealt with the problem of the Got Next/Squad Spots glitching out. You must have a special copy of 2k that nobody else has.

Guess what happens when people quit out in a Rec game? Oh right, it's user vs CPU, matchmaking or not. With matchmaking Crew Mode in place and a free roam Park mode, you're far more likely to run into full Crews, which are less likely to quit out than 5 randoms on one team.

And as far as the lag issue goes, matchmaking helps alleviate a good 80% of that simply because you only have to deal with 10 people in a session rather than 60+, which 2k has proven that their servers can't handle without serious lag issues.

In all honesty, I think you might be the only person I've ever seen that actually defends Got Next.
No, I don't live in a perfect world. Myself and the people I play with aren't stupid. We leave that Rec and go into another with open games. I also brought up having the ability for 2K to balance the Rec would help in this instance.

Squad spots on both sides rectifies the issue you brought up about single players in your 1st paragraph. NO, I have never seen or have spoken to anyone who has had a Squad spot glitch out. You're the 1st. I'm suggesting a home & away squad spot to help with many of these issues. But if you're only on here to complain and not look for a solution then by all means, do so till you're blue in the face.

So when you or anyone on your squad plays against a CPU no one gets upset? I'm saying that I've only seen matchmaking increase the likely hood of people getting on random teams they don't enjoy causing them to quit. If 2K created a squad only 5vs5 matchmaking system that would be one thing. But up until now, that hasn't been something you've mentioned.

So what server do you think 2K is going to use to reduce the lag in the matchmaking system you're talking about? A peer run room using the best connection out of the 10? Most likely 2K will use a shared server in which other matchmaking games are playing through it. So I don't see how that would get to the 80% you're claiming.

I have no idea what posts you're reading. There has been nothing about any of my posts that puts me in the pro 'Got Next' category. I am clearly pro Squad, which is much different than 'Got Next'.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
No, I don't live in a perfect world. Myself and the people I play with aren't stupid. We leave that Rec and go into another with open games. I also brought up having the ability for 2K to balance the Rec would help in this instance.

Squad spots on both sides rectifies the issue you brought up about single players in your 1st paragraph. NO, I have never seen or have spoken to anyone who has had a Squad spot glitch out. You're the 1st. I'm suggesting a home & away squad spot to help with many of these issues. But if you're only on here to complain and not look for a solution then by all means, do so till you're blue in the face.

So when you or anyone on your squad plays against a CPU no one gets upset? I'm saying that I've only seen matchmaking increase the likely hood of people getting on random teams they don't enjoy causing them to quit. If 2K created a squad only 5vs5 matchmaking system that would be one thing. But up until now, that hasn't been something you've mentioned.

So what server do you think 2K is going to use to reduce the lag in the matchmaking system you're talking about? A peer run room using the best connection out of the 10? Most likely 2K will use a shared server in which other matchmaking games are playing through it. So I don't see how that would get to the 80% you're claiming.

I have no idea what posts you're reading. There has been nothing about any of my posts that puts me in the pro 'Got Next' category. I am clearly pro Squad, which is much different than 'Got Next'.
The balance would be to give full Crews/Squads the option to go into a matchmaking lobby against other full Crews/Squads. Save the free roam crap for people who want to play with/deal with randoms. That's the solution. I personally feel that, if both Park AND Crew mode were in the game, that'd save a lot of heartache and headaches.

Of course people get upset about having to face off against the CPU, but in a matchmaking environment, if the other Crew/Squad quits out, that should default the win to the opposing team, and move on to the next game. That solves that.

I don't care what server they run, as long as they limit how many people are in one room/session so the lobby can handle it. Just like if you go to a fresh Rec, when there's just one or two courts going, they entire lobby is smooth. Then when it starts overcrowding, that's when the problems start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 33

I wish there was a matchmaking or something like 10 people lobbies, I wish one could go from the play with friends screen (with whatever from 1 to 10 people) into a rec lobby, the same for park (with up to 6 people at most), I wish we had crew back with the individual/team stat tracking.

If we were to have the "got next" approach back, then I wish anybody could take an open spot, that it wasnt restricted solely to everyone on a side been of the same affiliation ... this, of anything else, would cut the waiting time inmensively.

People with long time waiting should reflect the time they have been waiting to get into a game, specially the time they have been stepping on the got next spots ... maybe just maybe, others will join them just for pitty (I know, I know, is a desperation thought that occurred last night when I waited for over an hour and a half). I also agree with having a squad spot on each side.

I would also want no more lag, in game and while trying to get into a spot, specially the last one.

If they want to promote affiliation battles, then give more rewards for doing so, highlight such matches so they are visually evident in the park/rec, promote squad battles by also giving more rewards than doing so with randoms ... now, I think that if you managed to get some winstreak with some randoms, you should be prompted to decide if you want to be grouped into a squad with them and/or there should be even higher rewards for getting Ws with randoms.

Ultimately, it can be one and the other in terms of the approachs, would love to have both; crew & my rec/park.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 05-20-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #13
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
The balance would be to give full Crews/Squads the option to go into a matchmaking lobby against other full Crews/Squads. Save the free roam crap for people who want to play with/deal with randoms. That's the solution. I personally feel that, if both Park AND Crew mode were in the game, that'd save a lot of heartache and headaches.

Of course people get upset about having to face off against the CPU, but in a matchmaking environment, if the other Crew/Squad quits out, that should default the win to the opposing team, and move on to the next game. That solves that.

I don't care what server they run, as long as they limit how many people are in one room/session so the lobby can handle it. Just like if you go to a fresh Rec, when there's just one or two courts going, they entire lobby is smooth. Then when it starts overcrowding, that's when the problems start.
These are all good points. I'm not trying to poke holes in anything, just playing devils advocate on a few things.

Having Squad only rooms would be great. But there will still need to be a Rec with Squad spots since I can easily see a "Waiting for Opponent" and no available opponents being there. Also, would there be a skill balancing component? I could see squads not being into it as much if they keep playing much better teams.

I don't know about the other squad leaving allowing a default win. I can tell you from playing Park, that people take advantage of the CPU's ability to play. What's to stop a team of 5 from having 4 players intentionally quit just to get the win? What would stop me would be not having any fun. But there's a lot of people on 2K that do stupid crap. It's a stretch in this situation, but I'm just trying to figure out what issues may occur.

Another year of major server revamping is needed. Saying before 2K15 came out that the servers have been upgraded was insulting. Until I actually see stability from 2K servers I don't trust anything they say about it.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #14
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
PETITION: No more Got Next.

Just get rid of Rec completely. Keep Park and Got Next for that. Bring back Crew Mode to replace Rec which would be matchmaking like it used to be.

If it's enough space, I wouldn't mind keeping Rec too. It would cool place to play with friends that's not in your crew. But I wouldn't mind it being removed.

EDIT: Matter fact, just get rid of Rec. Just add like two 5v5 courts in the Park. So, like I said, friends that's not in your crew or you want to play 5v5 with randoms, you could do that. You don't need rec for that.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 05-21-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
These are all good points. I'm not trying to poke holes in anything, just playing devils advocate on a few things.

Having Squad only rooms would be great. But there will still need to be a Rec with Squad spots since I can easily see a "Waiting for Opponent" and no available opponents being there. Also, would there be a skill balancing component? I could see squads not being into it as much if they keep playing much better teams.

I don't know about the other squad leaving allowing a default win. I can tell you from playing Park, that people take advantage of the CPU's ability to play. What's to stop a team of 5 from having 4 players intentionally quit just to get the win? What would stop me would be not having any fun. But there's a lot of people on 2K that do stupid crap. It's a stretch in this situation, but I'm just trying to figure out what issues may occur.

Another year of major server revamping is needed. Saying before 2K15 came out that the servers have been upgraded was insulting. Until I actually see stability from 2K servers I don't trust anything they say about it.
Nah, no skill balancing component. Simply put: If your squad constantly loses, might wanna find some new people to play with.

And the CPU is easy to take advantage of with a smart crew. Post up, stepback jumpers, etc. That, or do what some do: Take advantage of the human opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #16
Banned

The Jordan Rec Center needs to be rectangular, not square sized so that the courts side by side, next too each other. You shouldn't be facing another court when you are playing on the normal 2k camera because that makes you lag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »