Home

PETITION: No more Got Next.

This is a discussion on PETITION: No more Got Next. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #25
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PETITION: No more Got Next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Depends on what Crew you're talking about. 2K11 Crew, you could have a full roster. I think that was like 15 users. I think that's enough right there. I don't really like the option of being in numerous Crews. Something about being with one crew and being loyal or being the type of person that jump ships.
That's just it, the users agree 2K11 had so many great options. The problem is that 2K changed those options and don't seem to be going back to them. If they implement a larger roster it would help with only being on 1 Crew. But if they have the limited roster like recent iterations than you have to more from Crew to Crew just to get in games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #26
MVP

Just my opinions...

No need to get rid of the rec and park, crew should be added as additional mode and play similar to 2k11..basically a private lobby playing in a private instance; the only thing i would maybe add is some sort of "crew rating", probably based on some combination of player attributes,win/loss record, quit ratio,and in game stats(ppg/rpg/apg),so that the game matches you with another crew at least near the skill level of your crew.

For the lag in rec/park the only way i can see is to either reduce the max number of players per lobby (more park/rec instances with less players per instance), or go with the same sort of private instance deal in crew even if it kills some of the "social" aspect (people on "got next" would be basically be allowed to spectate,everyone else would just get a score update)

Hmm...... for the quitting/idling...maybe something along the lines of the "bad sport" deal in GTA online?

Like people with high percentages of quitting out/idling out become flagged as "poor sports" get relegated to instances with they can only play with other players who also quit out/idle out a lot until their ratio comes back into line? Would also put an asterisk next to their records so other players know what the deal is if they look up their stats.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #27
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Like Tom Brady*
Old 05-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
People can have bad opinions, and that is a pure example of it.

In your perfect world, you can sit on the squad spots for three straight quarters because you're 'patient', then the winning side jumps off after the game. Now you've wasted all that time waiting only to wait even LONGER for another game to finish OR staying where you are and hoping others jump on. That is, if some Rookie/Pro 1 doesn't jump on and refuse to move, knowing others don't want to jump on and play with him.

The 'squad spots' on each side still doesn't solve the problem of the spots barely working whatsoever. Or I take it you've never dealt with the problem of the Got Next/Squad Spots glitching out. You must have a special copy of 2k that nobody else has.

Guess what happens when people quit out in a Rec game? Oh right, it's user vs CPU, matchmaking or not. With matchmaking Crew Mode in place and a free roam Park mode, you're far more likely to run into full Crews, which are less likely to quit out than 5 randoms on one team.

And as far as the lag issue goes, matchmaking helps alleviate a good 80% of that simply because you only have to deal with 10 people in a session rather than 60+, which 2k has proven that their servers can't handle without serious lag issues.

In all honesty, I think you might be the only person I've ever seen that actually defends Got Next.
You're the man bro. You said everything I was about to say lol...

Aside from that. I'd sign this petition with blood if I could lmao...
Old 05-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #29
Pro

Oh and to add to what the guy said about lobbies...

It should be like BF4 where you can pick which court you're looking for
Which game 3v3/2v2/5v5...
How many points if there's an option
Stage/Rec/Park

Then if you do load into a rec let's just make it 1 rec with a crowd or something. Couple ppl in the stands cheering but not too intense. The reason the game lags so much is because there is 60 ppl in the rec/park just standing around doing dance emotes & what not...

But if you had lobbies you could just hop in. Say I need however many players. Somebody would join and then you could run with another team who is either waiting or on a court already. Simple.

After a win it takes you back to the lobby screen, but your guys stay on the court/in the same server and that way players can see you have 5 and either they can chose to join up with 5 or get matchmade with 4 other guys by chosing join.

It's not that hard to do. 2k is just trying to hard with all this walking around stuff. Like I like walking around and being legend and all that, but we should have the OPTION to either join a park and walk around or be match made right into a game. I'm sure ppl would still walk around.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
The reason the game lags so much is because there is 60 ppl in the rec/park just standing around doing dance emotes & what not...
My thinking exactly,even if they left the rec in for people that like it and maybe added a locker room entrance there that let you do old school matchmaking, it would be an improvement imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »