Home

Did 2k ever explain the ridiculous, uncalled foul animations in 2k15?

This is a discussion on Did 2k ever explain the ridiculous, uncalled foul animations in 2k15? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Did 2k ever explain the ridiculous, uncalled foul animations in 2k15?

You know, a player goes up for a layup and the opponent literally grabs and pulls the player down and knocks him to the ground, or the other day, I'm going up for a layup and Kyrie blatantly pushes me to the ground, and the foul isn't called.

Is this supposed to make it more realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Did 2k ever explain the ridiculous, uncalled foul animations in 2k15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
You know, a player goes up for a layup and the opponent literally grabs and pulls the player down and knocks him to the ground, or the other day, I'm going up for a layup and Kyrie blatantly pushes me to the ground, and the foul isn't called.

You can try to lower Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) , or (Release) one in the User's Sliders and see if that makes any difference, as it looks like that one of them is regulating how aggressively CPU will try to contest the layup.

As for being wrestled down, only solution is to raise CPU Shooting fouls slider, but that will lead to excessive numbers of CPU fouls accross the board.

Just make sure that you adjust one slider at the time and test first before you change anything else.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #3
QNo
MVP

Quote:

I think czar mentioned on his podcast that this is a bug, they're supposed to be hard fouls.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

It sucks online
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #5
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I think czar mentioned on his podcast that this is a bug, they're supposed to be hard fouls.
So, in theory, lowering everyone's "hard foul" tendency would eliminate this bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #6
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Quote:

My player will have a wide open layup and get shoved to the ground with no call and I will get "bad shot selection". Then he will be slow to get up and I'll get "leave assignment" and/or "bad transition defense". That's about a grade and a half off my teammate grade.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:02 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
My player will have a wide open layup and get shoved to the ground with no call and I will get "bad shot selection". Then he will be slow to get up and I'll get "leave assignment" and/or "bad transition defense". That's about a grade and a half off my teammate grade.
The other day I moved really well off the ball, got a wide open lane to the hoop and for some reason 2k made me do a drop step, allowing Kyrie to catch up to me and blatantly PUSH me out of bounds. I landed right on my *** and the ref called nothing. I dont understand.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
The other day I moved really well off the ball, got a wide open lane to the hoop and for some reason 2k made me do a drop step, allowing Kyrie to catch up to me and blatantly PUSH me out of bounds. I landed right on my *** and the ref called nothing. I dont understand.
I don't understand why when there's an open player for dunk/layup he goes up so slow . Even if he is in full stride he goes up slow with no momentum.

But if I walk to three point line I get this crazy leaner that over exaggerates my momentum lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »