Home

For 2k16 Please NERF Fadeaways for AI and Humans

This is a discussion on For 2k16 Please NERF Fadeaways for AI and Humans within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 04:52 PM   #9
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For 2k16 Please NERF Fadeaways for AI and Humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
You even see that in the park sometimes, people who do post fadeaway over and over and it goes almost every time...I feel much of the problem is a combination of the post fadeaway being really good, and the tendency of other moves to be spotty.

The other problem is the way Insider Scorer workers when you build your player, every player who wants good layups is also going to end up with a great post fade.

IMO it might be better if they capped out the post skills on non front court players a little lower and grouped all the post skills (control,hook,fade, and even post defensive iq) to their own category, at the same time moving over shot close and moving shot close to inside scoring, that way it would separate under the rim play from post play,allowing more variation.

I agree with the post fadeaway being OP but if they made it so that only frontcourt players could get their post skills past a certain point then SFs become even more OP. Everyone will catch on and there will be even more 7FT 300 lbs SFs with 95 speed, strength and ball handling and abuse the post fadeaway.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #10
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

If you post on the left block and you fade over your right shoulder it's unstoppable, especially if you use the shimmy. I've had Joakim Noah, Andrew Bogut and Kendrick Perkins hit post fades on me.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
I agree with the post fadeaway being OP but if they made it so that only frontcourt players could get their post skills past a certain point then SFs become even more OP. Everyone will catch on and there will be even more 7FT 300 lbs SFs with 95 speed, strength and ball handling and abuse the post fadeaway.
Well,I would keep SF's in the middle ground as far as post skills;better than guards, worse than PF/C.

My thinking is if they put post skills in its own group, you'd have to actually choose then between really upping post shots or other skills....if the upgrades remained the same as now you'd have to give up some points somewhere in other skills to specifically get that post fade up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #12
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

My problem with pf isnt how how often it goes in, but rather how inconsistently i can contest/defend it. The descibtion under controller settings for post defense( left stick = neutralize post move) its very vauge. If i know what move there doing i should have a set input to counter. Now if i guess wrong thats 1 thing. Aslo that reach in animation that can be countously spamed to prevent the post player from moving at all has to go
Old 05-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #13
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Not only the post fade but leaners as well. 2K just doesn't know how to balance without breaking that's why the post game is trash now. But yeah the post fade is very op especially with Dirk.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:18 PM   #14
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Post fades with Reggie Evans sealed 2k fate. Sad thing is they think this is acceptable and only dropped -8 for standing and moving jump shots. This doesn't affect post fades or floaters at all
Old 05-28-2015, 10:39 PM   #15
MVP

For the millionth time, it's not the fade shots themselves, it's the shooting patch that did it. It's registering as an open shot in the mid-range area, and because of the patch, shots in the midrange fall at a ridiculous rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 10:51 PM   #16
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
For the millionth time, it's not the fade shots themselves, it's the shooting patch that did it. It's registering as an open shot in the mid-range area, and because of the patch, shots in the midrange fall at a ridiculous rate.

You're right. But it seems like it affected everything to do with shooting and trying to score period. It even seems like contested layups go in a lot more now. This did not just affect midrange shooting and 3pt shooting.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »