Home

For 2k16 Please NERF Fadeaways for AI and Humans

This is a discussion on For 2k16 Please NERF Fadeaways for AI and Humans within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 02:36 AM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
For 2k16 Please NERF Fadeaways for AI and Humans

In this game-play of mine I faceD a guy with a stacked team who did nothing but Fadeaways in RTTP.

I defeated him with good organized SIM basketball, but regardless of result the fadeaway in 2K16 must be NERFED. This guy used it on 70% of his shot attempts. This seems like something that can be fixed.

Also AI fade away success rate is way too high that needs to be toned down too. Step backs going down at a good rate with great players make sense, fadeways going down all day does not. Please NERF it across the game for AI and users in 2K16.

Sam Pham

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 05-28-2015 at 05:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

Re: For 2k16 Please NERF Fadeaways for AI and Humans

what the hell why would you want to nerf the post fade? its the only legitimate basketball tactic I see people use online (dirk, jordan, kobe) the rest is zig zag rubbish that makes the game look like NBA Jam. furthermore If you kill the post fade in 2k you kill the post all together, nothing besides post fades work, have you not seen in game, big men miss open post hook shots that are a given in real life? post drop steps miss 90% of the time post drives get the ball ripped instantly. I don't get some of you people seriously.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
what the hell why would you want to nerf the post fade? its the only legitimate basketball tactic I see people use online (dirk, jordan, kobe) the rest is zig zag rubbish that makes the game look like NBA Jam. furthermore If you kill the post fade in 2k you kill the post all together, nothing besides post fades work, have you not seen in game, big men miss open post hook shots that are a given in real life? post drop steps miss 90% of the time post drives get the ball ripped instantly. I don't get some of you people seriously.
It's not at all a legitimate basketball tactic to do 20-25 postfades in a 5 minute quarter game, yet you constantly see this online. Most of the post game being underpowered doesn't legitimise one aspect of the post game being overpowered, requiring no skill yet having a very high success rate.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
you must be a novice to think only post fadeaway shots work. I suggest you learn that ratings and tendencies affect everything. Not every big man can hit a hook shot or a drop step shot. post fadeaway have been garbage since the last patch so stop looking for the easiest way to score. We like simulation ball around here not something that can be easily amused
Old 05-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
How many players in the NBA actually have a good post fade?

Let me make it easier...

Nerlens Noel and Thomas Robinson don't, but I can hit them on 2K if I try and take them.

It's a problem when someone has Michael Jordan or Kobe and all they do is post at the free throw line and instantly fade and hit 90% of the time.
Yes, they're great at that move but not THAT good.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Very entertaining video Sam. Good job and congratulations on going to the 3rd seed!

Poor Jeff... But Wall is a great upgrade.

It'll be awesome when you get Sapphire George. He is a beast!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
MVP

Yep, let's nerf everything but the standing jumpshot. Then let's nerf that too.

If you paid any sort of attention, you'd realize the post fade was fine until Patch #4. So no, it's not the post fade and pull up that's OP, it's the patch itself. Post fades worked maybe 40%-45% of the time prior to the patch, so no it does NOT need nerfing.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 05-28-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
How many players in the NBA actually have a good post fade?

Let me make it easier...

Nerlens Noel and Thomas Robinson don't, but I can hit them on 2K if I try and take them.

It's a problem when someone has Michael Jordan or Kobe and all they do is post at the free throw line and instantly fade and hit 90% of the time.
Yes, they're great at that move but not THAT good.
You even see that in the park sometimes, people who do post fadeaway over and over and it goes almost every time...I feel much of the problem is a combination of the post fadeaway being really good, and the tendency of other moves to be spotty.

The other problem is the way Insider Scorer workers when you build your player, every player who wants good layups is also going to end up with a great post fade.

IMO it might be better if they capped out the post skills on non front court players a little lower and grouped all the post skills (control,hook,fade, and even post defensive iq) to their own category, at the same time moving over shot close and moving shot close to inside scoring, that way it would separate under the rim play from post play,allowing more variation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »