Home

Out of curiosity...What's going on with the Broadcast team? #2K16

This is a discussion on Out of curiosity...What's going on with the Broadcast team? #2K16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Out of curiosity...What's going on with the Broadcast team? #2K16

It's not that I hate Clark Kellogg, it's just that (A) he doesn't actually broadcast any national NBA games, (B) aside from the Pacers gig, he's seen as more of a college guy, and (C) it's getting a little stale and boring listening to him for as many years as he's been on the team.

NBA 2K is the best basketball video game out there and is now raking in the dough. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to land a big name broadcasting team and station (TNT would seem to be the natural fit).
Old 06-03-2015, 12:29 AM   #10
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I think they will do the following:

1. Clark Kellogg is staying he has too many lines as a color analyst with the series.
  2. Greg Anthony is pretty much out, he got caught for soliciting a prostitute and hasn't been on TV since. I actually think he would have been real good as a Kerr replacement.
  3. Webber comes across as preachy and is slightly annoying to me. Wouldn't be my first choice.
  4. Miller seems like he doesn't want to be in any video game so he is out but he is just corny and annoying to me.
  5. I would take Steve Smith or Brent Barry they are good at just calling the game and providing input. Brent Barry throws little nicknames for player with a little word play on the players names. Smith is not bias and just provides good analysis without being preachy or annoying.
After Kerr left to GSW watching TNT games you realize how good Kerr was at being a color analyst. No one is coming from the college game would not make sense since they already have Clark Kellogg
Old 06-03-2015, 02:39 AM   #11
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
If Live has ESPN, does that mean Doris Burke is gone?

Also, if Reggie won't do it that doesn't leave a very long list of color analysts TNT/TBS uses for their NBA broadcasts outside of the universally hated (on Twitter) Chris Webber. Perhaps Greg Anthony or Grant Hill could flip over from NCAA like Kellogg?

I'm putting my money on them just sticking with only Kellogg and Harlan this year, then possibly bringing in another sideline person if Doris can't do it due to Live having ESPN. That'd mean less resources and time blown on audio integration and recording.
Live has had ESPN since 2007. I don't see why 2k would need to remove Burke unless 2k takes the TNT License. And I've never heard anywhere of Reggie not wanting to be in it. Anybody have a source?

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 03:25 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: Out of curiosity...What's going on with the Broadcast team? #2K16

I know it is not a possibility but to hear Mike Breen yell out Bang! in MyCareer when I pull up for three would be so amazing
Old 06-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #13
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmagn
Chuck and Kenny won't do it. Heard that Reggie Miller would be out of the question. Maybe Chris Webber?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
Live has had ESPN since 2007. I don't see why 2k would need to remove Burke unless 2k takes the TNT License. And I've never heard anywhere of Reggie not wanting to be in it. Anybody have a source?
I really don't want to listen to Reggie Miller anyway, he's terrible!
Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm not the biggest Kellog fan, but I don't see how he's bias toward a certain player when he has set lines for every team, lol

You can probably rule out Reggie, Chuck and Webber, if they can't work something out to appear in the game as players, I doubt they'd do commentary..
Old 06-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #15
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Clark Kellog is fine and he has a good chemistry established with Harland already. There is no need to get rid of him imo.

People think Kellog is repetetive? Who wants to hear "hand down, man down" or "momma there goes that man" 20 + times a game with Mark Jackson? Mark is better live and I don't think his style translates well in a video game.

I know some people can't stand him but I could really go for a guy like Hubie Brown stepping in for Kerr as his basketball knowledge is vast and I think he would put in the work in the studio. (know I'm probably in the minority with this choice)
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #16
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't mind Reggie.

Only if you can mute him in the options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »