Home

Leaderboards and Ranking system.

This is a discussion on Leaderboards and Ranking system. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone know if they're bringing leaderboards back? I'm a stat guy and love to see my stats and where I stack up against the world.

And the ranking system needs to be something like this, if you pick the 76ers and you play someone online that's the Cav and you beat him, you should get the most ranking points as possible cause you worked so hard beating the Cavs with the 76ers, and judging by the level of that person is, He's a level 20 and you're only level 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Re: Leaderboards and Ranking system.

So basically just like Madden
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Dlee3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
So basically just like Madden
or 2k9. Something to keep us going. Without a ranking system and leaderboards there little to no point to play rank. When there was a leaderboard in 2k13 I believe, if you didn't put a lot games at launch day, there was no chance of you being in the "top 100" because they played so many more games than you and that was what the leaderboards was based on. The amount of games you played, not on who you actually beat. I liked 2k9 because it also kept track of your exact rank oppose to only keeping track to the top 100. So if I was rank 100048404850 I knew and I can see how I rise through the rankings. I also like how it told me before the game the rank of my opponent. So when I played the number 1 guy, I knew I had to bring my A game.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #4
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlee3
or 2k9. Something to keep us going. Without a ranking system and leaderboards there little to no point to play rank. When there was a leaderboard in 2k13 I believe, if you didn't put a lot games at launch day, there was no chance of you being in the "top 100" because they played so many more games than you and that was what the leaderboards was based on. The amount of games you played, not on who you actually beat. I liked 2k9 because it also kept track of your exact rank oppose to only keeping track to the top 100. So if I was rank 100048404850 I knew and I can see how I rise through the rankings. I also like how it told me before the game the rank of my opponent. So when I played the number 1 guy, I knew I had to bring my A game.
What happened to playing because you love basketball? That should be enough to keep you enjoying ranked games
Old 06-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Dlee3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
What happened to playing because you love basketball? That should be enough to keep you enjoying ranked games
I rather play against or with my friends than play the current rank games. Basketball is a competitive sport, why can't the game be the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16

That's the only thing that I don't like about your posts. Ever since back on the 2K Forums lol. I don't understand why you're so worried about what other people like. Like if there is a mode people like that you don't, you try and make people lowkey diss them or the mode itself. You don't like people really playing MyTeam. You don't like that people like to play w/ created players because you don't and it's fantasy and we should want to play w/ actual NBA players. Now, because this guy like to see leaderboards and it's something you don't care for, you're trying to knock it.

Then when someone like those things, you try to knock them and act like "we" aren't real basketball fans because we like to play other things. Maybe he likes to actually compete. That's what's fun for him. I don't really care for leaderboards but it would be cool to see sometimes. Just because you don't care about something doesn't mean you have to knock someone else.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #7
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1

Most who know me know that myself and the whole OnlineNation has talked about this problem for years. 100% agree 2k needs to bring it back with the leaderboards for rank one on one games and the ranking system. Remeber from 2k8 etc with the whole elo system like u suggested? Back in the 2k8 days it was who u beat to be number one not how many games are played to be in the top 100 like 2k10,11,12,13. If im rank 250 and I play the number one guy and win, my rank goes to like 100 or better while the number one drops all the way to like 50 etc.

Some ppl say but just for the love of the game and thats cool but isnt the love of the game competitive and about competition to see who is the best??! If not then why have a trophy for number for the NBA Finals etc.. People who dont want to play competitively in the leaderboards then dont play it or dont take it as serious as others would. Hopefully 2k adds the leaderboards for 2k16 and a Ranking system like we suggested.

https://Youtube.com/NYCDaFuture

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycthefuture

https://twitter.com/NYCDaFuture_

https://discord.gg/sqTtZpY
Old 06-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
Rookie

2K is too busy working on features for better customizing your shoes. Try again next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »