Home

Spike Lee Writes, Directs Story for NBA 2K16 MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on Spike Lee Writes, Directs Story for NBA 2K16 MyCAREER Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Sounds like the MyPlayer character is going to be separate from your created MyPlayer. If the story mode is anything like the movie He Got Game, then I'm interested. But what was Spike smoking when he came up with the name Frequency Vibrations? I guess it's no weirder than Jesus Shuttelsworth.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #34
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Spike Lee writes, Directs Story for 'NBA 2K16' MyCAREER

Why would it be taken down? Isn't talking about the name of the player on topic?

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Frequency Vibrations sounds ridiculous one way or another, but I'd be patient and not jump to conclusions just yet about the MyPlayer thing. After thinking about it for a few, it seems very possible there could be a Spike Lee story but also an alternative making use of your own character, face, etc., just like last year.

One way or another, I still miss the true MyPlayer, where the world was open and the forced, corny, and singular storyline primarily absent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #36
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Spike Lee? Frequency Vibrations?

No thanks, not a fan of him at all and the name is ridiculous.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #37
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Frequency Vibrations sounds ridiculous one way or another, but I'd be patient and not jump to conclusions just yet about the MyPlayer thing. After thinking about it for a few, it seems very possible there could be a Spike Lee story but also an alternative making use of your own character, face, etc., just like last year.

One way or another, I still miss the true MyPlayer, where the world was open and the forced, corny, and singular storyline primarily absent.
I agree that the possibilities are too many to know without further details but I must say my intuition from the beginning of this slow transformation into a singular railroaded story-line has been dead-on. And my intuition is telling me that the Allen Iverson clone is exactly the vision that Jeff Thomas, vice president of sports development, sees as the orthodox basketball reality we all should worship.

Do you honestly think the first name of 2k14's rival being Jackson and Spike Lee's kid being named Jackson is coincidence? I don't and I think 2K had planned on converting the MC into a Spike Lee interactive movie from 2K12 forward.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #38
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Not much info but what we do have sounds lame, MyCareer is 90% of what I play in NBA 2k games so at this point right now I'm leaning towards skipping this years game.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #39
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I have so many mixed feelings about this that I'm reconsidering buying this upcoming year immediately.

It truly seems that the 2K team has listened to a few of my concerns with the past 3 years MC implementation ... taking in the most minor and ignoring the greater more important.

The corny and stupid characters (Jackson Ellis) and cut-scenes ("Cover Somebody!" after stealing the rock) is a criticism to be addressed but ignoring the railroading of my player into being a petulant drunken Allen Iverson ranting about practices and spending 40k on strippers might mean the end of my loyalty.

Mark my words, if I am forced into an Allen Iverson cosplay adventure, I will wash my hands of 2k for good.
I'm Tryna figure out where Allen iverson came into play, but maybe you got some things to work on..

For the rest, at least it isn't the same year to year. They're making an effort to keep it fresh. Stop b****in bout every little thing that don't go your way and allow other people (developers) to make something. Judge it after fine. But a lot of y'all want to make the games when you wouldn't have the first clue on how to do so let alone sustain success. Play your role.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #40
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Not much info but what we do have sounds lame, MyCareer is 90% of what I play in NBA 2k games so at this point right now I'm leaning towards skipping this years game.
He is providing a real my career story for the first time since the mode was introduced you should be elated considering you don't care for the other 90% of the game .

this community is way to segregated these days ....... Thnks 2k now people could care less about simulation bball. All about created players now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »