Home

NBA 2K16 TV Spot - Story Is Everything

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 TV Spot - Story Is Everything within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K16 TV Spot - Story Is Everything

With the NBA Finals tipping off tonight, 2K released its "Story is Everything" TV spot for NBA 2K16, the next iteration of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series over the last 15 years.

The video features legendary filmmaker and basketball aficionado Spike Lee walking viewers through the importance of story in basketball. From street courts, to high school and college gyms, to Madison Square Garden, Spike makes it clear that at every level of basketball, the story is everything.

The video also highlights memorable moments of this year’s three NBA 2K16 cover athletes: Steph Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis. Each athlete, from Curry, the NBA’s 2014-2015 Kia Most Valuable Player to Harden, a three time NBA All-Star and Davis, two-time NBA All-Star and NBA block leader who helped lead the New Orleans Pelicans franchise to its first ever playoffs appearance, has thoroughly earned the coveted cover role.

2K also announced Spike Lee’s role in directing, writing, and co-producing the NBA 2K16 MyCAREER experience enabling fans to "Be The Story" of an NBA player with drama never before experienced in a sports game.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy beginning on Friday, September 25, four days ahead of the game’s September 29 street date, along with in-game bonuses.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-04-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K16 Commercial - Story Is Everything

From that my guess is that we play the final year in high school and some games outdoors (pick up games with current NBA stars that gets our name out there?)

Still hoping for some kind of college integration, but video seems to make that less likely.

"What will your story be?"
Everyone crying needs to pay special attention to that line. Maybe it is branching storylines? Game gives us choices that determine the story going forward maybe.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I hate video game commercials with no gameplay, but its still early
Old 06-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #4
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Was hoping for tiny bits of gameplay...but oh well. But it looked like MSG was the star of the show. Is this the year of a licensed MSG?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #5
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0

The idea of advertising your products on television used to be about selling your product. If Spike Lee did a trailer explaining what his movies were about in this same style, no one would watch it. Can we even get a screen shot?

I don't understand this marketing plan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #6
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
The idea of advertising your products on television used to be about selling your product. If Spike Lee did a trailer explaining what his movies were about in this same style, no one would watch it. Can we even get a screen shot?

You should know how 2k is, they will systematically feed us info a little bit at a time , week by week like they always do to keep that hype train rolling.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #7
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344

It's the process of hyping it up and building up the anticipation, it's simple marketing.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 06-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #8
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

Re: NBA 2K16 TV Spot - Story Is Everything

i want pre-order NBA 2k16 very soon as possible. i am still waiting for Sony put it up for pre-order in PSN Store. can't wait to know more details about Gameplay that Mike Wang mentioned about gameplay has bigger features and i also want know what does they improve in MY GM

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »