Home

Interesting note on career ending injuries

This is a discussion on Interesting note on career ending injuries within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2015, 12:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Interesting note on career ending injuries

I've simmed probably around 100 seasons. With the career ending injury slider set to 50, I've only seen two of these. One was a guy in his 2nd year who retired, the other was Kyrie Irving. Irving retired at 30, yet still made the HOF. I think it's crazy since he just had another serious injury and has had 13 serious injuries since high school.

Last edited by JoshN125; 06-06-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Left out a word
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Interesting note on career ending injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshN125
I've simmed probably around 100 seasons. With the career ending injury slider set to 50, I've only seen two of these. One was a guy in his 2nd year who retired, the other was Kyrie Irving. Irving retired at 30, yet still made the HOF. I think it's crazy since he just had another serious injury and has had 13 serious injuries since high school.
That is crazy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2015, 09:16 AM   #3
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

I put that slider at 1 in my Myleague settings (I was considering 0)...idk correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last ACUTE career-ending injury we've seen in the NBA? Like a guy breaking a leg and then NEVER playing again? I'm 22 and I don't think it's happened in my lifetime...Chronic injuries that end up slowly but surely ending guys careers is one thing...talk about a Brandon Roy, a Michael Redd, guys like that is one thing, but one injury? IDK maybe its just that it hasn't happened to any noticeable players so it wasn't in the news, but I haven't heard of it happening...
Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
I put that slider at 1 in my Myleague settings (I was considering 0)...idk correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last ACUTE career-ending injury we've seen in the NBA? Like a guy breaking a leg and then NEVER playing again? I'm 22 and I don't think it's happened in my lifetime...Chronic injuries that end up slowly but surely ending guys careers is one thing...talk about a Brandon Roy, a Michael Redd, guys like that is one thing, but one injury? IDK maybe its just that it hasn't happened to any noticeable players so it wasn't in the news, but I haven't heard of it happening...
It's not injury...but Petrovic and Len Bias come to mind at first.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #5
Rookie

It is very rare to see a true, instant, career ending injury. Roy, Oden, Yao, Isiah Austin (not a normal injury), and maybe the best example is Jay Williams. The first 3 all attempted a comeback, but Jay Williams never played a game, although he did attempt a couple of comebacks. I kind of like the career ending injuries on the game because players will still attempt to make a comeback after injuries, in rare situations, will give up eventually. Like I said, it only happened twice in over 100 seasons, with the slider on 50, so I think that's somewhat realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Anthony292's Arena

2 career ending injuries in 100 years is not realistic.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 AM   #7
Rookie

GiantsFan2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony292
2 career ending injuries in 100 years is not realistic.
A little low, but close. I wouldn't consider a 37 year-old that tears his ACL and decides to retire a career-ending injury. So injuries like Roy and Yao, are the ones I consider.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #8
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

I've seen this once and it was Tyler Ennis after his rookie year. I wasn't even notified that he had retired, I just seen him in the assistant coach list and hired him

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »