Home

Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

This is a discussion on Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 03:43 PM   #73
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
That's the next big thing. If they put College Hoops in with 2k16.... Man Id pay 80 for that thang. easy

Easy $80. Easy.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #74
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
If the college games ever make a return, I could potentially see the ability to name players, and possibly even picking jersey numbers, being removed. The computer would just randomly name the players and pick their numbers. No matter how accurately a custom roster was from a physical/attribute standpoint, without the ability to enter the real-life players' names and numbers, I would think that EA/2K would be safe from any player-likeness issues. The question would be, would enough people be OK with playing with generic players to still turn a profit?
Absolutely not ok with a sports game that doesn't allow full free form roster editing. Count me out of that idea. That sounds like NBA Live 2015
Old 06-15-2015, 10:34 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Absolutely not ok with a sports game that doesn't allow full free form roster editing. Count me out of that idea. That sounds like NBA Live 2015
This seems to be the prevailing thought, which is why we'll never have another college game, since this is the only way it can ever be done again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 04:41 AM   #76
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I would b just Fine with it. Because as u Scout the in coming players they r fake. Its only about having the real College Teams and over all look and feel of College B.Ball. We have roster makers and great ones too. Sapp and Dreece and Com.Yeah it would b krazy good with those guys at the Start of things. It would b very in depth and u all know it. How 2K is killing it now with its look. Man that game would b ##### Krazy Great.

Last edited by cowboy_kmoney; 06-16-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:50 AM   #77
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

Although I'm not the biggest college hoops fan, I would love for this to happen. I just don't see how they'd be implementing all of the teams and stadiums that they used to have in the separate college hoops games, especially considering how generic the NBA stadiums are in 2k these days.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #78
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

They better be implementing things to the game that will keep them ahead of the competition.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:23 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
They better be implementing things to the game that will keep them ahead of the competition.
What competition?
Old 06-16-2015, 03:48 PM   #80
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
my career people need the story to not get bored
I disagree. I loved MyCareer when it didn't have a story.

I can barely play it now that it does.

Anyway, lots of people are getting way too hyped about what this *could* be. It's getting to the point where anything but an abbreviated or full college experience is going to make some people VERY upset. I still don't believe 2k is going to ship basically two games in one or allow us to play anything more than a scripted few games in college prior to the draft, if that.

My guess is that we're a star in HS, get signed by a college but we get in trouble for drugs, or an agent/family member screws us over, and we have to take another path for a year or so. That sounds like a Spike Lee basketball tale to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »