Home

Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

This is a discussion on Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #65
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

would we have heard about this though?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #66
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
That can't be true because 2k/EA would have removed this feature from every game moving forward. And it was in 2K15 last year.
Yea community creations don't follow those guidelines because they are amateur creations and not sold. It's why we can share draft classes with college athletes. The problem was when the company sold games with the visual likenesses of the college players pre placed in it.

However having the school itself represented in the game is not an issue since the 'school' is not amateur and can except payment/endorsements and sign contracts.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #67
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
That's the next big thing. If they put College Hoops in with 2k16.... Man Id pay 80 for that thang. easy
Old 06-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #68
Banned

Maybe they will implement college teams with today's current NBA players. Those players would play on their college teams they were drafted from. But wouldn't included current Collegiate players. So 2K would only have to have & use the NCAA license for schools (Logos,Arenas, Uniforms).
Old 06-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #69
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Man two games in one would do it. They would go Togather but put out the College Hoops first then the digital NBA and b able to move College Coaches up to the pros and Vise versa. Draft Classes would b Krazy and having rach player that goes pro stats and award history shows up in scouting.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:09 PM   #70
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I would love for this to happen, would be to good to be true which probably means there is no way this would happen.

For the sake of wishing let's say they did have some college basketball like league before you go to the NBA..(we all know the trouble with games and NCAA)...let's say they didn't use college teams we know and love and just made up a set number of teams. Would you guys still like that route?
Old 06-14-2015, 11:15 PM   #71
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I would love for this to happen, would be to good to be true which probably means there is no way this would happen.

For the sake of wishing let's say they did have some college basketball like league before you go to the NBA..(we all know the trouble with games and NCAA)...let's say they didn't use college teams we know and love and just made up a set number of teams. Would you guys still like that route?
I would 100% be OK with fictitious teams, though I know that a lot of guys would lose their minds.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #72
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
That can't be true because 2k/EA would have removed this feature from every game moving forward. And it was in 2K15 last year.
I was speaking of the college games in that post, not the professional games.

As I said, I haven't followed the case very closely. I just remember something in the lawsuit/arguments talking about how EA created players that were reasonable physical representations of real-life players, and then provided a system of sharing rosters knowing full well that their primary purpose was to allow the sharing of the real player names. Whether the charges against the EA Locker actually hold up legally, I would kind of doubt it. But still, people have been saying "license the schools, create fictitious rosters, and then give us the ability to easily name and share real rosters." I was just pointing out that it might not be so simple. Even if it's just from the standpoint of EA/2K fearing more lawsuits and simply deciding that it's better to be safe than sorry.

If the college games ever make a return, I could potentially see the ability to name players, and possibly even picking jersey numbers, being removed. The computer would just randomly name the players and pick their numbers. No matter how accurately a custom roster was from a physical/attribute standpoint, without the ability to enter the real-life players' names and numbers, I would think that EA/2K would be safe from any player-likeness issues. The question would be, would enough people be OK with playing with generic players to still turn a profit?

Anyways, I don't mean to derail this thread into talk about the college games. I'd like to see their return, so I tend to get off on a tangent when the subject comes up. It'll be interesting to see if there is any college inclusion in MyCareer. A generic "Elite 8" in the "National College Basketball Tournament," similar to the high school playoffs in NCAA Football, would be a fun and new idea to kick off MyCareer. Even if it isn't this year, it would be fun to see down the road.

Last edited by Pokes404; 06-15-2015 at 11:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »