Home

Should 2k16 only be on current gen?

This is a discussion on Should 2k16 only be on current gen? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #1
Rookie

Dlee3's Arena

OVR: 0
Should 2k16 only be on current gen?

Should 2k just focus on making current gen better? In 2K15 old gen, I believe 2k didn't patch it not once the entirely year. If that's the case why make 2k16 on it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #2
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Should 2k16 only be on current gen?

I wish they would but its still probably to soon to pull the plug on the old gen system, still money out there to cash in on, they might do a price drop for the old gen games though.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Dlee3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I wish they would but its still probably to soon to pull the plug on the old gen system, still money out there to cash in on, they might do a price drop for the old gen games though.
Yea, thats true but what can they advertise on it. I'm sure spike lee have no effect on the Mycareer. I doubt they will upgrade crew mode. The gameplay is so outdated on it as well.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlee3
Yea, thats true but what can they advertise on it. I'm sure spike lee have no effect on the Mycareer. I doubt they will upgrade crew mode. The gameplay is so outdated on it as well.
Truly not sure what they have to advertise besides VC points with your preorder and an up to date roster, but I'm sure they will come up with something. Personally I can't wait until it's all hands on deck for the current gen game.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #5
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Normally I'd say I'd rather not see the game held back by decade-old hardware ...games are already held back enough by the dated PS4/XB1 hardware . That being said, I'm sure it would probably be a cut-and-paste job worth about $20 (though you know it will have at least a $50 price tag).

Basically, knowing they won't devote any resources to the older consoles, I don't think it matters much at all if they release games for them. It's a low risk venture, so I imagine they will for as long as they expect sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Does it makes sense to pay full price for the last gen version? Of course not, don't be ridiculous (Balki Bartokomous voice). Does it make sense to keep producing it if people pay for it? definitely!

I can't see how it holds back current gen version. If anything, it makes them more money = more resources to put into current gen version.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:02 AM   #7
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Does it makes sense to pay full price for the last gen version? Of course not, don't be ridiculous (Balki Bartokomous voice). Does it make sense to keep producing it if people pay for it? definitely!

I can't see how it holds back current gen version. If anything, it makes them more money = more resources to put into current gen version.
So...basically what I just said?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #8
Rookie

As long as people keep buying it and VC sales remain they will keep kicking them out. My guess is this year will be the least year for last gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »