Home

NBA2K16 : The classic players need a grafics upgrade

This is a discussion on NBA2K16 : The classic players need a grafics upgrade within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 01:27 AM   #81
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA2K16 : The classic players need a grafics upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by getzmunney
Looks like our prayers have been answered boys! Just wish the number sizes were bigger.. But look at that nique upgrade! Just imagine Bird and Michael!

They even made the rim look different for this era. That's crazy detail!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 01:33 AM   #82
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Honestly that is the same Big Shot Rob from last year which is a shame because Rob had the mini fro going with a goatee the entire 3 peat. That tells me that 2001 Lakers team is going to be as ugly as ever with 37 YO Kobe with a fro, Old tired looking Shaq that doesn't look like Shaq, and lord knows wth D-Fish is gonna look like (either the terrible coach version or a scanned coach version most likely even though he had hair then and a headband).
Kobe's face imperfection were way overdone too, he was looking like a dalmatian, Shaq had a huge box head with a generic body and I have no words for Fisher

Hopefully Horry gets updated at least.. He has a really basic face
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by getzmunney
Looks like our prayers have been answered boys! Just wish the number sizes were bigger.. But look at that nique upgrade! Just imagine Bird and Michael!
Liking his body and jersey but his head shape isn't looking great (though this isn't a good quality picture)
Old 09-03-2015, 02:45 AM   #83
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Liking his body and jersey but his head shape isn't looking great (though this isn't a good quality picture)
Yeah I'm just not seeing it. It looks like the same terrible Nique with a 2k15 body and some updated shaders. Hell, they still have retro team unis with the 2016 championship tag on them because all they did was copy and past them lol. The 03 Mavs, 00 Blazers and the Bulls unis last year all have that on them.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:23 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

I understand that some of the legends definitely need some work, but I'm glad current gen went with a "skinnier" look to the player models. They were all way too bulky on last gen. Sure they could update a few, like 96-98 Jordan, but a younger one was very skinny anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2015, 06:59 AM   #85
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Hmmmm, like what I see, bodywise, and the face has slightly been improved too. Here's hoping they've overhauled MJ and the rest of the legends.

One nit pick though (Yeah, I know) The jerseys still look 'painted' on tight. Last gen had the jerseys bang on the money across the different eras, including accurate short length. Current gen has been way off in this aspect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #86
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Yeah I'm just not seeing it. It looks like the same terrible Nique with a 2k15 body and some updated shaders. Hell, they still have retro team unis with the 2016 championship tag on them because all they did was copy and past them lol. The 03 Mavs, 00 Blazers and the Bulls unis last year all have that on them.

Looking like we might have to settle for less with the classic players and jerseys, but hey its better then them scrapping classic teams altogether so I wont complain....too much.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #87
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Looking like we might have to settle for less with the classic players and jerseys, but hey its better then them scrapping classic teams altogether so I wont complain....too much.
Yeah, that's why I can't really get excited about them even though it's a neat thing to have. I've played PC as well as console since 2k10 pretty much and this doesn't even come close. The frustrating part is that they COULD put the detail in for accuracy, but they don't even try to fix non scanned players so hoping for that with classic squads is pointless.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:35 AM   #88
Rookie

QB1N's Arena

There has been an obvious loss of quality in the cyber-faces for the historic players... I'm wondering if this is because they couldn't transfer the art assets from the older engine or if they accidentally deleted them...

Doesn't seem too logical for the cyber-face quality to decline in quality with a newer graphics engine, I hope its better in 2k16 because player model accuracy is a big deal otherwise you don't feel like you're watching the actual player...

I'm really hoping that the 05-06 Shaq from the Heat has the Fu Manchu mustache otherwise it aint accurate lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »