Home

James at the Pg

This is a discussion on James at the Pg within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: James at the Pg

People still make a big deal about this?
Old 06-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #10
Rookie

TheBallGuru's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEdgeX5
This is true, but he is still usually playing with a PG on the floor. Which doesn't screw up matchups at the defensive end.
Thats true but if a coach had a choice to put LeBron at PG and play him with like Wade and another great wing they would, but in the NBA with cap most teams aren't built that way and he's played on teams where the PG is better then the 3rd wing, but if the 3rd wing was better LeBron would just play PG.

Put it this way if LeBron plays with a guy like Kyrie then they will play a PG.
But if LeBron was on a team with Wade, and Kawhi Leonard and his teams best PG was Norris Cole or something then they would use LeBron at the 1 on offense and have Wade guard the PG. It's all about team make-up and with MyTeam cause their is so many good wing players (MJ, Kobe, Melo, KD, Etc.) it just makes sense to do so. I don't because I don't know if I would want to personally, but I also don't have a dominant MyTeam yet lol.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #11
MVP

When I played MyTeam, I'd love when people do it because I'd put Penny on their goofy butts and set charges in the paint every time they tried to drive. They'd usually quit by the second quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2015, 01:26 PM   #12
Rookie

I don't think it's cheese to put LBJ at PG, but the style of play most people that do this use is almost always cheese. Most people just put him there so that they can turbo around and try to dunk. They don't even bother to try and use his passing skills or post up game.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #13
Rookie

Put Andre Iguodala on him.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:39 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
Put Andre Iguodala on him.
If someone put Iggy at the Sg, thats the only way to guard James, when James is playing the point, in this game the SF cant get the Pg for some reason, thats the point everyone has been missing, you dont want a Artest or Iggy at the SG if you are running plays.

only PG and SG that can guard James are Tony Allen, Gary Payton, Magic Johnson and Paul George (I use him at the SG)
Old 06-16-2015, 06:32 AM   #15
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBallGuru
Thats true but if a coach had a choice to put LeBron at PG and play him with like Wade and another great wing they would, but in the NBA with cap most teams aren't built that way and he's played on teams where the PG is better then the 3rd wing, but if the 3rd wing was better LeBron would just play PG.

Put it this way if LeBron plays with a guy like Kyrie then they will play a PG.
But if LeBron was on a team with Wade, and Kawhi Leonard and his teams best PG was Norris Cole or something then they would use LeBron at the 1 on offense and have Wade guard the PG. It's all about team make-up and with MyTeam cause their is so many good wing players (MJ, Kobe, Melo, KD, Etc.) it just makes sense to do so. I don't because I don't know if I would want to personally, but I also don't have a dominant MyTeam yet lol.
Why didn't he play PG in Miami?

Also, a coach ALWAYS have the choice to play Lebron at the PG. There's no rule that says they can't, but they don't do it...I wonder why.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 06-16-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 05:01 AM   #16
Rookie

TheBallGuru's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Why didn't he play PG in Miami?

Also, a coach ALWAYS have the choice to play Lebron at the PG. There's no rule that says they can't, but they don't do it...I wonder why.

I mean he did at times when they'd plays Allen and Wade with him Bosh and like a Battier.

But like I said the main reason he didn't is cause Chalmers and Cole brought more to their team in the coaches eyes over playing another wing or big. The lineup they loved to use was:
Chalmers/Cole
Wade
Allen/Battier
Lebron
Bosh
They felt like those were the 7 that gave them the best chance to win and playing small benefitted them over playing Bosh, Lebron and Birdman so they used lebron in a point forward role.

It also doesn't matter if he dribbles the ba up the court the whole offense was run through him and Wade as the primary ball handlers and decision makers so essentially he did play point guard role for them.

That's why he didn't technically play of for the Heat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »