Home

How do you increase Shot attempts/Scoring for a Specific Player?

This is a discussion on How do you increase Shot attempts/Scoring for a Specific Player? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you increase Shot attempts/Scoring for a Specific Player?

I'm in year 4 of MyGM and I'm trying to get my shot attempts up for Andrew Wiggins (would apply to any player really) as his shot skills are all over 88 (close, midrange, 3) but he is only shooting about 14 shots per game and averaging 23.5 ppg. It would also apply to Rudy Gobert, who's got good inside ratings, but only scores 9.5 ppg which for his $18M/yr salary is AWFUL. Wouldn't mind to find a way to increase his REB & BLK, but that's another story.

Is it the play calling and coaches strategy?
Is it making sure to adjust tendencies in EDIT ROSTERS before you start your francise? (though in the case of the Wolves, I would want a more distributed shot ratios as Wiggins doesn't have great ratings especially compared to Kevin Martin)

I would think there's a way, within a season to change the number of shot attempts for a specific player.

Any successes or testimonials would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Re: How do you increase Shot attempts/Scoring for a Specific Player?

Changing tendency and touch before is the easiest but you can do it within your MyGM.

Just make sure that you don't have any other high Shot Tend/Touch Tend guys getting big minutes alongside Wiggins. Also in the gameplan make Wiggins your #1 option and have no #2 or #3 option. Play 'Shoot at will' and run in transition basketball to get more offensive shot attempts per game. Play Andrew Wiggins around 38-40 minutes per game. Finally make sure you have a coach that favors wing players and has a high offensive grade.

P.S. Don't know how many wins that'll get ya or how healthy Wiggins will be but he'll get numbers
Old 06-16-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Definitely going to try these.

I can't seem to find a way to change touch/shoot in season during MyGM though. I go to Roster > Edit Player but only see "Vitals" "Shoes/Gear" "Accessories" "Signature" and "Complete" as editable.

Training doesn't seem to apply to taking more shots either.

Maybe I'm missing it...
Old 06-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #4
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan34
Definitely going to try these.

I can't seem to find a way to change touch/shoot in season during MyGM though. I go to Roster > Edit Player but only see "Vitals" "Shoes/Gear" "Accessories" "Signature" and "Complete" as editable.

Training doesn't seem to apply to taking more shots either.

Maybe I'm missing it...
You're not missing anything. You can't change the tendencies during MyGM. Only before. Only option after MyGM starts is to get role players with low shot tendency to leave more shots for your stars.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have the same problem. I can't get demarcus cousins over 19 ppg and 9 boards. My only other scorer is bradley beal and a rookie d'angelo russel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #6
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by suh90beast
I have the same problem. I can't get demarcus cousins over 19 ppg and 9 boards. My only other scorer is bradley beal and a rookie d'angelo russel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
For getting Cousins in the 20's gotta go Feed the Post/Shoot at Will/Crash Offensive Glass. Also make sure his shot and touch tendencies are in the 90's while his Foul tendencies below 50 (or else he'll foul out of games and lower stats).

Also you should make sure you have a starter whose touch and shot tendencies are ridiculously low, like in the 20's.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #7
Rookie

Will definitely try this. Given the "Coaching Strategy" and the rotations, lineups, etc you would think you could have something along the lines of % of shots taken (just like the minutes played) given all those annoying popups in MyGM to change your strategy for DeMarcus Cousins, Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »