Home

NBA atmosphere needs a big jump!!

This is a discussion on NBA atmosphere needs a big jump!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
NBA atmosphere needs a big jump!!

One area that the other game is killing 2k is atmosphere,season,playoffs,and finals needs a big upgrade.the crowd needs to get super loud in situation and even louder in postseason. I read somewhere that the other game goes to playoff games and record live crowd chants ect...They also got authentic arena chant sounds,my Lakers sounds like the laker but when I play 2k its some but most are generic.Hmmm I wonder do the other game got exclusive rights just like MSG??

Last edited by simbayless; 06-20-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA atmosphere needs a big jump!!

2k actually has it right. I've been to rocket/spurs games and its no way near loud with fans screaming and booing like in nba live
Old 06-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

The OP is right.

The atmosphere and crowd needs a huge upgrade.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
The OP is right.

The atmosphere and crowd needs a huge upgrade.
The OP is right in that Live (the game does have a name) does a better job in terms of overall crowd audio. But the response is right as well in that playoff games aren't ALWAYS as loud as either game makes them out to be.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 06-21-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Totally agree! This is one area where Live beats 2K handedly, IMO. Listening to them both on my surround set it's clear that Live puts in work in this area. The noise level may not be totally accurate, but man is it well done and immersive. It differentiates playoff games from the regular deason and I love it. The arena sounds add a great touch, too. I hope 2K steps it up in this area, along with lighting; why are the upper decks so dark?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Totally agree! This is one area where Live beats 2K handedly, IMO. Listening to them both on my surround set it's clear that Live puts in work in this area. The noise level may not be totally accurate, but man is it well done and immersive. It differentiates playoff games from the regular deason and I love it. The arena sounds add a great touch, too. I hope 2K steps it up in this area, along with lighting; why are the upper decks so dark?
I think you have the games swapped here, man.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I think you have the games swapped here, man.
No, I don't. Look at the crowd in NBA 2K15 and then look at the crowd in Live 15. 2K's crowd characters go dark, as in, it looks like they are sitting in the dark, way before Live's. Heck, go into the replay mode and compare similar shots from the same area of the court and notice the difference in crowd lighting. Live's crowd is just better man. It's easy to rip on Live's flaws because they are charging 60$ for the game, same as 2K, but you have to give these guys credit where it's due. Gotta call a spade, a spade. They deserve it in this area over 2K, IMO.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
No, I don't. Look at the crowd in NBA 2K15 and then look at the crowd in Live 15. 2K's crowd characters go dark, as in, it looks like they are sitting in the dark, way before Live's. Heck, go into the replay mode and compare similar shots from the same area of the court and notice the difference in crowd lighting. Live's crowd is just better man. It's easy to rip on Live's flaws because they are charging 60$ for the game, same as 2K, but you have to give these guys credit where it's due. Gotta call a spade, a spade. They deserve it in this area over 2K, IMO.
Eh 2k already said they upgraded the crowd....

2k already has arena specific sounds and crowd chants....they just to need to have the crowd noise sound natural. The other issue is how it doesn't sound seamless when a crowd cheers to booing next. It just sounds disjointed to me....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »