Home

Should shorter players only be able have quick releases?

This is a discussion on Should shorter players only be able have quick releases? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

Dlee3's Arena

OVR: 0
Should shorter players only be able to have quick releases?

Should tallers players get a different selections of jumpers than shorter players? If a 6'0 player has a quick release to avoid getting block from taller players, is it balance if a 6'10 also have that same quick release? Steph curry, Chris Paul, and Isaiah Thomas would get block often if they have a slow releases.I think KD has the quickest jumper out of the big men.... The online community will choose quick releases or just keep it at default, none will choose the slow release because there no pro's for choosing it. 2K needs to address that as well.

By players I mean MYplayers not the real players, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Dlee3; 06-21-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Should shorter players only be able have quick releases?

Klay Thompson has a quick release and he's 6'7.

Release speed should probably be something that costs more, and becomes increasingly/exponentially more expensive the longer a player's wingspan is, with a cap at each height. Something as fast as Curry's should probably be amongst the most expensive of all, even for a shorter player.

Release speed is hugely important for guys like Curry and Lillard who shoot off the dribble and severely affects how defenses cover them. 2K needs to make that matter more, providing the extremes possible in current players while also allowing for balance by making it difficult for every player to have that ability.

Perhaps the quicker the release the more penalties to the shot-- so that a the fastest release is a 10% skill point penalty, but points can be spent to reduce that penalty (as a 10 level badge?). And slower releases provide a bonus as sort of a handicap and allows a different configuration as a spot up shooter.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Should shorter players only be able have quick releases?

Great idea OP. Good example 2nd poster.

With that being said. It should be tied to ratings if they still have them. If my guy is 6'1" 99 Speed and I choose quick release it should be much faster than the guy with a 7 foot guy with a 70 speed.

To add to that. The taller I make my guy, the slower he should be. As in the more I go up in height the lower his speed cap should be. And the higher I go up in wingspan, the lower his ball handling cap should be.

If they don't work that into the ratings then yes only short player should be able to have quick releases considering the amount of exploits guys are gonna find and not be punished for.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

I think right now we have the ability to give anyone any release and that is how it should stay IMO. If he has a quick release IRL, you can give him one in 2K, and vice versa. On the other hand, here are a couple of ideas from the Sig shot thread IMO should be taken into account come 2K16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Wouldn't it be awesome if in NBA 2k16 we could change ANY form into a 1 or 2 handed "Hold Follow through?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
And edit the height on jumpshots?! That would be beautiful lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Shady Mike; 06-21-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
I think right now we have the ability to give anyone any release and that is how it should stay IMO. If he has a quick release IRL, you can give him one in 2K, and vice versa. On the other hand, here are a couple of ideas from the Sig shot thread IMO should be taken into account come 2K16

While I totally agree that any release should be assignable to any roster player, I get the sense that the OP was talking about MyCareer players. Could be wrong but this is where the quick release/height balance issues matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Dlee3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
While I totally agree that any release should be assignable to any roster player, I get the sense that the OP was talking about MyCareer players. Could be wrong but this is where the quick release/height balance issues matter.
Yes, I'm talking about my players!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #7
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Should shorter players only be able to have quick releases?

I don't think shorter players should have quicker releases. It's players that's not short and have quick releases also players that cannot shoot very well i.e. Shawn Marion.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 06-22-2015, 12:08 AM   #8
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlee3
Yes, I'm talking about my players!
Oh ok. Yea, I was confused because you listed real players in the OP! I agree with the fact that there is major imbalance on the online front with the 7'0 SF's and stuff like that, so however 2K decides to handle that stuff online I wish them the best!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »